Eel slaughter boasted on Facebook

disco

Bored and needed something to do? So they go and kill animals?

Why not go read a book? Go for a run? Take up a hobby? Build a treehouse? Any number of other options.

:an!gry

This is the best mental image. "Dude, want to go slaughter some eels?" "Not today, man. Let's build a treehouse then read Twilight."

This is the best mental image. "Dude, want to go slaughter some eels?" "Not today, man. Let's build a treehouse then read Twilight."

Heh... I'll come build a treehouse with you, but no way am I reading Twilight :)

At least it is still on the radar and not being forgotten... I guess the public interest means it wont just be dropped :)

at the same time, is there anything actually illegal about what they did?

current limit on catching eels is 6 per person per day....

police might have trouble finding something to charge them with.

i feel name and shame could be best and maybe the only punishment available...

anyone find their names yet?

would be a bit of a landmine if they did try to charge them with that, even though it is fully deserved. I personally think its fishing if you intend to use the corpse (eat or for bait) and cruelty if just for the hell of it. makes it a very large grey area.

So then killing koi would be cruelty. They're not really edible and they don't make good bait.

would be a bit of a landmine if they did try to charge them with that, even though it is fully deserved. I personally think its fishing if you intend to use the corpse (eat or for bait) and cruelty if just for the hell of it. makes it a very large grey area.

Not sure I agree with that distinction - if you deliberately kill something to cause the most pain you can, then eat it, it's still cruelty.