Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Found a turtle...

Featured Replies

My auntie found a turtle on our farm in Bombay. I haven't been around to check it out yet, but they bought food from the pet shop, so at least its been fed. I thought, I'd come back here because I am unsure what they should do now and I thought some one here might offer a ~professional~ opinion. (I really don't want them to keep it, because they aren't exactly the kind of people who would properly care for it. Not in a bad way, just that they wouldn't know what to do or want to do any research)

Are there any places where people might advertise a missing turtle? What should they do next if they don't find the owner? (Find it a home? SPCA?)

Thanks heaps.

spca can sort it out for you although if you would like to look after it yourself donna on here may be able to help im sure she will see this thread and comment in more detail

Try North Shore Turtle Rescue!

I have taken in a few recently found wandering etc

i am on the north shore in forrest hill and have heated indoor ponds/tanks and outdoor cold water ponds

sarah

021105508

well done,

It annoys me that people like you are required.

also post Found notices in the local supermarkets seems to work more times than not.

Hey

Have had a couple lately been found same area one tiny both have swollen eyes shut. $80-$100 later at the vets per turtle for its antibiotic shots, iv fluids and vitamin injections hopefully the tiny one comes right. Still hasnt opened its eyes. Poor things alot of turtles go missing this time of year coming out of hibernation or travelling from ponds to lay eggs etc getting disorientated. Its quite sad i had alot of found turtles last years and you can put them on found on trademe/pets on the net and lodge the found turtle with the spca. Some can be missing for years

There are at least 3 turtle rescues in auckland and lovely Donna in chch that i know of and another just started up in Rotorua. Sadly not alot of vets know about turtles so you have to find a good specialised one

sarah

  • Author

Sorry, I didn't check back here for a couple of days. (Busy with exams at the moment.)

Just letting you know i havent had any emails etc from you

I will get hold of you if i need to, after I've talked to my auntie.

Sure it's not a wild(Or I guess feral) turtle?

I don't know anything about turtles. It wasn't found near any water or anything, which is why I assumed it was a lost pet.

they can travel very far distances even live in estuarys, dams etc. It probably was buried over winter with hibernation and now out in about. As long as its well and eating it needs to be placed in water to eat. Examine it for any cuts etc or swollen eyes. I have had a couple found wandering over the past week from various people that has been handed in

good luck late me know if you need any help

sarah

I have a very nice summer home for one if you need to re-home it, but im in TGA

plus being a retail store we will have to put a price on it.

My auntie found a turtle on our farm in Bombay. I haven't been around to check it out yet, but they bought food from the pet shop, so at least its been fed. I thought, I'd come back here because I am unsure what they should do now and I thought some one here might offer a ~professional~ opinion. (I really don't want them to keep it, because they aren't exactly the kind of people who would properly care for it. Not in a bad way, just that they wouldn't know what to do or want to do any research)

Are there any places where people might advertise a missing turtle? What should they do next if they don't find the owner? (Find it a home? SPCA?)

Thanks heaps.

is it res. has it got a red stripe behind its eye?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.