quarantine setup questions

ilwis

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:slfg: iam half way with that though!

I was right about rual inbox then? :gigl: most of us here wasnt born or breed in farm lifestyles, and i was raised in South Auckland hood

its alway good to learn something new, "to live to learn, till dead to burn" :gigl: (south Aklder peom's)

MPI will have a list of approved disinfctants and methods. Last time I looked they had approved anything that even pretended to be a disinfectant.

So my direction regards to approved disinfctants methods was ok?

if so to treat containate water wih disinfactants is soo much easier than using chorine or UV methods.. :thup:

Different disinfectants are good at different things. Some are good on gram negative bacteria, some are good on gram positive and a very few are good at both. Very few are good on viruses and most are no good on some parasites. The water from the fish has to be treated more seriously.

That's right basically they say surfaces of things can be done with dish wash liquid (their quote in biohazard standards!) but yea the water is a different story they were the ones that recommended the UV light so ill have a chat to them to find out about if the water was pre treated but from what they were saying it didn't sound like it is but otherwise the HTH might not be a option for me because I don't have the land area to dispose it not the ground so it would have to go into the sewage and I don't know if that much chlorine can go down there because it can kill the bacteria in the system and make a stink the council won't like that

After you have treated the water with chlorine for the required time you can neutralize it with sodium thiosulphate before discharge to the sewerage system. Cheap as chips.

Good on you Alanmin4304, you have been giving some great advised :thup:

After you have treated the water with chlorine for the required time you can neutralize it with sodium thiosulphate before discharge to the sewerage system. Cheap as chips.

Now that's some indispensable advice! Thanks very much hopefully I won't have to deal with that but I expect I will!

I wish you luck, but I have to be honest I am pretty skeptical about this whole process.

Put it this way.. Yes it's hard to get started but if you stop when it gets hard you won't get anywhere and if it can't work no one anywhere would be able to do it, yes it's a dif environment but its been done before, a few times as I can tell ..I don't see problems to stop me I see many solutions and challenges to overcome