Lucky bamboo

GrahamC

My cuttings seem to have survived so far and one appears to have some roots developing as well.

The yellowing of the stem seems to have not spread below the truncation point which was sealed with wax ... but it might be early days yet.

How long have your had your cuttings waiting to root? It's only been a few days and the shoots look ok but no roots yet (I get antsy about these things - have to trim my Fiddle Leaf Fig tree and I'm worried I'll kill it as they're next to impossible to find to buy. In Wgtn they are anyway, can't get anything decent here...Fiddle Leaf Fig Trees....pet shops :roll: )

My mother plant has started yellowing/dying from the top down so I think it's beyond saving - not even a dip in the fishtank seemed to do any good :-?

I'm not sure how but perhaps mine had a root developing before I cut the lateral off.

As for yellowing from the top down, I'd cut the stem where it looks healthy with a sterile knife and seal it with wax. Stop the infection or whatever it is spreading.