Lessons I have learned...so far...

Dana

From the light hearted ways of learning fish again...

1. When defrosting blood worms, do not mistake said container for your glass of shiraz... :sick:

2. When completing a water change, do not leave the siphon hose in the general route of your German Shepherd, ESPECIALLY if you're absent for more than 20 seconds

3. While filling your tank for the first time to cycle, remember to move it less than 2 feet from the wall prior to applying water :an!gry

4. If you buy plants, it is best not to get distracted by a wayward siphon hose and leave the bag in the sun for 2 hours :facepalm:

5. If you have a nice community tank going on, do not let anyone secretly slip an Angel in without your knowledge, thinking it's a sweet gesture

That is all. For now.

It's an older story. I helped my dad with his tanks. Years ago, a boyfriend bought my a valentines day gift...sliped it in the tank as a surprise. Bloody thing killed about a grands worth of fish before I spotted it haha. It was a rather angry fish...

Wow, pretty nasty angel, all the ones I've seen were the ones getting beat up, one was too delicate to handle more than a little bit of current. :)

LOL, it's for my bristle nose. He loves cucumber. The fish eat his other food.

Tried boiling it, turns to mush, breaks up and clogged the filter. Thought about using a teaspsoon (like the for suggestion) but wasn't sure about the metal being in the tank for 24 hours...

LOL, it's for my bristle nose. He loves cucumber. The fish eat his other food.

Tried boiling it, turns to mush, breaks up and clogged the filter. Thought about using a teaspsoon (like the for suggestion) but wasn't sure about the metal being in the tank for 24 hours...

Don't boil it that long. And zuchinni is better anyway, it stays more solid and my fish prefer it to cucumber.

There's no reason to worry about a fork in the tank, it's stainless steel. 99.9% chance it is anyway.

Mine prefer cucumber and won't even look at zuchinni.

I cut the cucumber into 3cm wide rings and thread about 8 rings onto a plastic knitting needle that has a small fishing sinker tied in the middle of it. That spreads it all out along the needle and all get to dig in at once.

Boil it. Sinks fine.

I use this method.

Ive tried Lettuce of varying types nothing touched it not even the snails :slfg:

My pleco's wont touch the Algae tabs. Tried Cucumber , no Joy. I was getting worried about them till I dropped in some Brussell sprout for the Ottos....the Plecos went mad on it , Ottos don't touch it , but they like the Cucumber, Cory's love the algae tabs i got for the Plecos....

They are just like kids, Some are Macdonald types others Burger King......

my never fail go to food is pumpkin softened slightly in the microwave, Used it to condition fish and snails for breeding(I used to cut them into boat shapes so when the hard skin floated to the surface and my bristlenose was motoring it around it was funny)

plus if you have Apple Snails it makes their shells go a slight orangy colour, and it tends to colour up gold mollies as well

I have just been taught what happens if you don't get the cucumber out quickly enough. Ugh what a mess! :sick:

Having a little issue with brown algae. Nothing major but my reading suggests lights on for too many hours, perhaps need a new UV tube and nitrates rising (at 5) due to overfeeding. PH is still a little high at 7.6 (was at 8.2) and struggling to get it down, ammonia is ok, and I understand that nitrates can spike a little in new tanks.

Off to do water change...