$75 to fit lid to tank

Jaide

Now I look at it, it's a pretty crap job. One support edge is literally sitting on a sliver of glass and I'm concerned it won't hold as I plan to put a pretty big hood light on top.

I'll post some pics tomorrow night.

Yes it is - do you know something about him James? I bought a fighter from him a while ago - he assured me the one I got was veil tail but it wasn't (and it didn't look it to me at the time but who was I to question the breeder?) - however, the fighter is a cool wee fish who just bobs about the tank and I love him :)

Yes I made it plain that I wouldn't pay anymore and did he want me to drop the clamp off etc. (as clearly he wasn't happy about coming to my place again) and now he's tried to put the s**ts up me about removing the clamp properly or I could damage the tank :roll:

Where are the clamps & why are they there? Your words not his please as I cant see how he would need to clamp the tank itself to keep it together. I am assuming the clamp is just to get the new support to adhere to the top of the tank properly.

The central brace is 10mm glass whereas he had 6mm glass so had to remove the 10mm brace and replace with 6mm one, while that's setting a clamp is in place to hold the tank together.

Here are the pics, the first one shows the hole he made only to fit the filter pipe and nothing else when I said I wanted it to fit everything in that gap so heaters etc. sat snugly against the side wall:

pipehole.jpg

So he broke the one at the back to fit everything but didn't have the right tools and this one shows it's just on the back edge by a slither:

brace.jpg

And this is the left back edge:

brace2.jpg

No I haven't paid him yet, I was going to pay him when I dropped the clamp off and picked up the lids this weekend.

I'm concerned that the edge where it's only holding by a slither won't support the weight of the hood light - what do you think? Because if I say to him I won't pay until he fixes it, I think he'll just tell me to stuff it so I might be stuck with that job.

Also, regarding hood lights - it doesn't have an on/off switch, I have to plug it in and unplug it to turn it on/off which is a pain, how easy is it to get a switch put in?

Also, regarding hood lights - it doesn't have an on/off switch, I have to plug it in and unplug it to turn it on/off which is a pain, how easy is it to get a switch put in?

Very easy. Buy timer. Set time, plug in. Never touch it again.

9421007782378_l.jpg

it doesn't have an on/off switch, I have to plug it in and unplug it to turn it on/off which is a pain, how easy is it to get a switch put in?

Personally I'd get a light timer, they're around $10-15 at Bunnings, that'll do the job :)

Ninja'd by Ira :nilly:

Then I need some advice on how to proceed, I'm fairly sure that if I say I won't pay him until it's fixed that he'll tell me to get stuffed, plus he knows where I live and I have no idea what sort of psycho he could be.

He wants his clamp back and he's still got 2 small lids I need (though I have interim ones he put on the tank that will do but the ones he's got will be better)

What would you do?

I had arranged to drop off the clamp and collect the lids and pay him the originally agreed $75 tomorrow morning after the gym.