after five years renting the same rural place I got the boot

aotealotl

because the landlord needs the house for family (daughter coming back from university) and now I am considering moving to the south island, prefferably Central Otago. anyone knowing a nice house to rent (2 or 3 bedrooms, dogs and aquarium alowed). available now or in the next six weeks. or can give me a tip where to look ? I am already thru www.realestate.co.nz and haven't found what I am looking for yet. any help or hint would be very apreciated, thanks

Trademe has more houses than the real estate in my experience, well at least it does for Auckland. When we were looking I had the TM search in my favourites sending me things to look at daily and the real estate site didn't have so much. There was rarely anything on there that wasn't on TM so in the end I was only looking on TM.

Real estate companies rarely put things up online as they want to profile/judge you as to whether you are going to mess the house up or not, cause they have to pay if damage > bond.

Trademe is probably where you'll have to look

Actually it's the real estate agents that have started using TM. Up here TM is more up to date than the lists they put out the front of the shop much of the time. Out rural/small community way it may be different

Where abouts in Central Otago - asking because I have extended family scattered down there.

anywhere actually, Alexandra, Naseby, Middlemarch, Ranfurly just to name a few, or any other little village or rural place, I work from home so all I need is power and an internet connection (Broadband, Wireless, Mobile, Sat Dish) and I really like the landscape down there...

thank you all for your input so far, TM has many listed but I assume there must be more out there, places which do not get listed on the internet, places which people think are not worth to list, places which are only known from worth of mouth. unfortunately I don't have the time to travel south to look around...