Ambystoma tigrinum or wouldn't it be nice...

aotealotl

Successful breeding of Ambystoma tigrinum

Hello folks,

Since yesterday I am in other spheres, I actually succeeded in breeding of A. tigrinum.

Of this kind there were virtually no genuine offspring for decades.

At 11.3. males courted the very violent and has been 13.3. spawning females.

Results can be:

(Click on the images makes them much bigger!)

I am proud and happy because the eggs are fertilized and begins to appear to be cell division.

If now the successful breeding, as they should, from these slimy pile will hopefully times as beautiful animals as one of the possible fathers:

you can metamorphosis axyolotles n they end up covered in gold silver n greenish spots but is generaly frowned apon.

yup, and beside it is against the nature of Axolotl it is also illegal to keep morphed Axolotl (Salamander) in NZ

yup, and beside it is against the nature of Axolotl it is also illegal to keep morphed Axolotl (Salamander) in NZ

I still haven't been able to find anything saying they're illegal other than claims here and on Fishkeepers. Biosecurity.co.nz has nothing related to salamanders other than one little reference to a disease in texas salamanders. Nothing for Ambystoma, axolotl or mexican walking fish. No hits googling either for anything in reference to them being banned.

That german website is quite good i visit it a lot . A tiger salamander would be so choice to own. Although morphed axo's look neat and get to a fairly big size they still aint the same (and its not good to morph axolotls either). Axo's and tiger salamanders can be crossed (usually by crossing neotenous tigers with axolotls) and produce fertile offspring. Axolotls themselves can breed when morphed. They breed like a terrestrial tiger salamander does and morphed individuals can also breed with neotenous individuals.