Help stocking new 540l tank

hlu279

The other day one of my Dads friend was giving away a tank for FREE so my dad hastily decided to take this offer. I still have not seen the tank but my dad tells me that it is roughly 180 cm long, 50 high and 60 deep (great footprint :D) which if my calculation are correct is 540 litres.

Now on to stocking this tank, assuming that i had this tank completely set up (heaters, filters etc) what do you reckon would look good in there? I was thinking some american cichlids would be nice as I currently have a 200l african cichlid tank any suggestions welcome. :)

I think a Congo-style planted layout would look really cool, with pale biege sand for the substrate, and rocks and bogwood. And for plants Anubias, Bolbibits and Nymphaea would look awesome. And although it's not African, a bit of Cyperus helferi and some Java ferns and Crypts added in would look nice too. And for fish a large shoal of Alestopetersius caudalis would be stunning! And you could also add a few pairs of Pelvicachromis taeniatus :D