Scott Guy murder case

Well it makes the coverage of the news more interesting

Its like asking... say you know the day Princess Di died...without google.... tell me who else died that day

Why you are right only Mother Teresa.....must have been a slow news day THAT day Huh

58 min Di 2 min the next Saint...including adds...go figure

but Ewans wife is ....HOT...isnt she?

Nav

Well it makes the coverage of the news more interesting

Its like asking... say you know the day Princess Di died...without google.... tell me who else died that day

The music died that day Nav :nilly:

but Ewans wife is ....HOT...isnt she?

Nav

like the sun Nav, like the sun :spop: :spop: :bounce:

getting back on topic - i think there is a lot of evidence that we haven't seen and heard from the media - I went and watched about an hour of the case while a colleague was on the stand giving his evidence..... unfortunately the media pick and choose what they are going to share with us.

the police must have had enough evidence to charge him with the murder or else why bother ?? the whole 3 shots thing is a bit of a moot point as anyone who has enough experience can reload a single or double barrel shotgun in rapid succession (we had a multi gun shoot up at our gun range and the guy with the single barrel shotgun won out over guys with 8 shot semi autos)

To me this just proves the NZ justice system is useless. Who else could it have been?
One of the wifes in some weird Manawatu love tryst?

The jury have heard a lot more evidence than we have. I think it is dangerous to assume that someone is guilty because the police went to all the trouble of charging them.

Why else would the police charge them if they didn't do it :digH:

I think the police should have held out until they had more evidence -

Charge him with the other crimes he admitted to, but hold off the murder charge until he had some time to sweat in prison for the other convictions.

They may have had more information come through, or he may have cracked under the stress. Without a lawyer to guide his every move , I get the impression this is one guy that would have broken eventually.

I think he did it, but on the evidence provided the case was never going to get a guilty verdict. No concrete evidence, no proven murder weapon, no witnesses. The perfect crime perhaps.

Who else could it have been?

The disgruntaled farm hand? Some guy he paid to do it? Some other person Guy had dodgy dealings with? A local p-head botching a robbery?

IMO its better a guilty man goes free than an innocent man goes to jail...

I think the police should have held out until they had more evidence -

Charge him with the other crimes he admitted to, but hold off the murder charge until he had some time to sweat in prison for the other convictions.

They may have had more information come through, or he may have cracked under the stress. Without a lawyer to guide his every move , I get the impression this is one guy that would have broken eventually.

I think he did it, but on the evidence provided the case was never going to get a guilty verdict. No concrete evidence, no proven murder weapon, no witnesses. The perfect crime perhaps.

That would have been the smart thing to do, I think they were under pressure to try to get a conviction for this case and cut too many corners, a story told far too many times in NZ.