June 3, 201214 yr comment_484786 I noticed yesterday there is a new Pet Centre opening in upper hutt, between where the mall is and smiths city. Had a peek inside, it says opening early June but there's not much inside yet. Huge premises though, will be great to see a new pet shop in upper hutt, current one is a bit lacking. Anybody know anything about it or involved with it? Report
June 3, 201214 yr comment_484789 Interesting. I wouldn't have thought there would be the population to support it out there. Report
June 3, 201214 yr comment_484813 I too seen it yesterday when i was over there, aparently its going to be better than the current one they have which will be good :thup: Report
June 3, 201214 yr comment_484832 it is the same people who own The Pet Centre in lower hutt (formally Hutt Pet Centre) it's bound to be of the same high standard as their other 2 stores (lower hutt and porirua) Report
June 4, 201214 yr comment_484875 I'm visiting upper hutt this week .. do you have an exact address? Report
June 9, 201214 yr Author comment_485584 Stopped and said hi to someone working on the place today, owner maybe? Very friendly anyway. She said the are due to open Friday, they have 7 banks of 3 tanks of around 120-150litre ish? Only saw them briefly, but very keen to check it out next weekend. Report
June 9, 201214 yr comment_485625 Stopped and said hi to someone working on the place today, owner maybe? Very friendly anyway. She said the are due to open Friday, they have 7 banks of 3 tanks of around 120-150litre ish? Only saw them briefly, but very keen to check it out next weekend. Friday being a couple days ago or next friday? Report
June 16, 201214 yr comment_486456 Very cool, went there today, quite big not much fish stock at the moment though. Report
June 17, 201214 yr Author comment_486571 No was a little disappointed in the fish stock, lots of mollies, guppies, plus red tailed sharks, electric yellows, plenty of goldfish. Great large store though with room to move and a lot of options, friendly staff, hope they get some more interesting fish in once they are more established Report
June 18, 201214 yr comment_486644 The level of stock was a bit disappointing. I was wanting an internal filter and the only brands they had was Fluval and Tank Mate. I heard someone asking for an Aqua One internal who was probably disappointed. Although the fish weren't in the sale, the stock they had on hand was a bit disappointing. I think if you're going to have an opening sale - do it with a bang and stock it well. On a side note: this seems to be the only website that is loading for me tonight - dunno what is going on. Report
July 1, 201214 yr Author comment_488049 Stopped in today as I needed a net. Definitely improving stocks, saw today An arowana at $129. Tried to take a pic on my phone but no dice Gold? And dark Oscars ( I've never seen these as juveniles, they look funny when small.) Severums. As well as ciclids, guppies, mollys, axolotls, goldfish. Sales guy said their breeder is big into bettas so they expect to have plenty in the future. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.