May 15, 201214 yr comment_483826 Hi Friends, Do any of you know a breeder or seller of genuine ENDLER guppies? If you do I would love to hear from you please. I'm totally in love with these little cuties but can't find any!!! Also looking for some albino guppies that are nz bred, I don't want to risk putting in imported fish with my beautiful nz bred community fish. I have heard too many horror story's & decided not to take the risk. Thanks heaps, I hope to hear from you real soon :thup: Have a happy week, Bubblebum. Report
May 15, 201214 yr comment_483840 Hey, check this out, http://www.trademe.co.nz/pets-animals/fish/fish/tropical-fish/auction-474027610.htm Report
May 15, 201214 yr comment_483851 that person needs to have their auctions pulled, they're trying to pass off mixed guppies as endlers and with the price tag to match. I'd love some true endlers or similar looking guppies too Report
May 15, 201214 yr comment_483854 I don't think so, could be though? The best i've seen is very endler-looking wild-type guppies. Report
May 15, 201214 yr comment_483856 Do we actually have true endlers in NZ? From what I've read there's a pretty good chance noone in the world has true endlers. Likely all in the hobby are hybridized with guppies and the wild ones have been wiped out. So you'd just trying to get the most endlerish guppies or least guppyish endlers. Report
May 16, 201214 yr comment_483934 From what I've read there's a pretty good chance noone in the world has true endlers. Likely all in the hobby are hybridized with guppies and the wild ones have been wiped out. So you'd just trying to get the most endlerish guppies or least guppyish endlers. that is true, as people kept the 2 species together, they cross breed and now no pure endlers Report
May 16, 201214 yr comment_483950 No (pure) Endler in NZ. Redwood Aquatics in ChCh had some Tiger Endler (which is a cross between a galaxy guppy short tail male and a endlers female) a while ago. They looked pretty good but still not 100% pure. Was too late to source some from them The only way to get 100% Endler is from AdrianHD over in USA. He collects them himselfe and keeps them in his fish room that holds 500 tanks + an army of drums: Source of images = Click Another source is Phil in France. He collects Endler himselfe every now and then and is a great source for Endler in Europe. All the rest (AquaBid & PetShops) are not to be trusted... If anyone knows a transshipper for NZ or someone with a Quarantine Room is interested, I would be keen to spend a fair bit of money to get some strain over to us. Please PM me if you can help with that matter... Cheers, JaSa Report
May 27, 201214 yr comment_484121 Used to see these every now and then in Aus. Absoloutely tiny and not much variation between individuals at all. Mostly imported stock. Tiny bodies (smaller even than the inbred thai guppies) and very strong colours (crosses tend to look washed out) are the real give aways. Can't say what the availability over here is. Report
May 27, 201214 yr comment_484139 I have some 'Endlers' from Redwoods. They are a great looking fish, some with 'typical' Endler looking patterns, others with the tiger patterning which is impressive. I'm in the process of breeding them up so it will be a while before I have any available. The ones on the TradeMe lisiting are at best very poor 'Endler' crosses and are not worth buying. Report
May 29, 201214 yr Author comment_484393 Hi there, Many thanks to all who replied to my question, thanks also for the photo's....What an amazing set up! How great would it be to go and visit that breeding room!?!? :nfs: Okay so endlers are possibly a fish of the past, how sad as they look simply stunning! Have a great day peoples :thup: Bubblebum x Report
June 10, 201214 yr comment_485741 I have a couple of endler guppies that I purchased from Redwood Aquarium that I am breeding. Not sure if they are pure, they said they were. If anyone can tell me then I could look at selling the fry later. Sorry pics not the best Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_485840 Hi Ange_AJMS The first picture is a Blackbar Endler Hybrid. Easy to spot on the snakes skin pattern in the dorsal fin. Pure Endler no snake skin, mosaik or anything like that. Second picture is a so called "Tiger Endler" which is a cross between a galaxy guppy and a female Endler. So both are no pure Endler - but nice fish without a question JaSa Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_485851 Hi Ange_AJMS The first picture is a Blackbar Endler Hybrid. Easy to spot on the snakes skin pattern in the dorsal fin. Pure Endler no snake skin, mosaik or anything like that. Second picture is a so called "Tiger Endler" which is a cross between a galaxy guppy and a female Endler. So both are no pure Endler - but nice fish without a question JaSa Thank you JaSa for that information, I now know what I am looking for :thup: Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_485870 Nice fish. They look to the ones I got from Redwoods and presumably from the same import. I have the tiger pattern and fish that look a little more Endler like. Report
June 11, 201214 yr comment_485881 Nice fish. They look to the ones I got from Redwoods and presumably from the same import. I have the tiger pattern and fish that look a little more Endler like. Do you have a photo of the endler? Report
June 14, 201214 yr comment_486156 soooooo where can I buy a trio of these? Tiger endler looks amazing! Report
June 14, 201214 yr comment_486192 soooooo where can I buy a trio of these? Tiger endler looks amazing! I have some "growing out" at present, just need to try to determine females into endler & guppy, silly me had them in same tank :oops: Report
June 14, 201214 yr comment_486232 Depending on the guppy strain you have, you wont be able to tell the difference. Not without testing them against a Tiger Endler male and check the offspring in F1 anyway. Hybridization is the biggest danger / issue with Endler's. That's why we only have watered down versions around. Especially with a Tiger Endler, which is already a Hybrid. Doesn't need much to loose the few Endler genes this strain has. I don't want to be rude or anything but giving away these (un-tested) females as Endler wouldn't be fair... JaSa Report
June 15, 201214 yr comment_486342 I don't want to be rude or anything but giving away these (un-tested) females as Endler wouldn't be fair... JaSa I see your point, I do have one endler female (according to redwood aquarium) that is in with 2 guppy females, so I will separate her so that future females should hopefully be endlers to. Report
June 16, 201214 yr comment_486524 Redwood wont import any more Endler-Hybrids by the sounds of it Even more important to keep the existing strains pure ... Report
June 17, 201214 yr comment_486576 I took a couple of poor pics. I haven't got a small enough phototank so they were taken a glass. They look very similar to yours Ange_AJMS. Report
June 17, 201214 yr comment_486579 Yup, same kind of hybrids. First three (very poor) Blackbar-Hybrids with not much Endler in them anymore and the last picture typical Tiger-Endler-Hybrid. Cheers, JaSa Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.