help me out with trademe suggestion:D

henward

ok,

been browsing trademe and figured out, peoples view of 'huge tank' or 'very large tank' is somewhat skewed!

i figured, to avoid all issues, i recommended to trademe to categorise tanks to LITRES ranges.

eg:

100 to 200

200 to 300 etc.

anyways, if enough people submit that suggestion, it will happen:D

great, so lets do it everyone!

i suggested they jsut sent me a thanks for suggesting response, but i think if more people do it, its practical too!

i am sick and tired of looking for 'massive tanks' and its not ll

yeah, but it will narrow down at least, even if you account that 50% of the population is stupid, its still a better hit rate:D

I think you need an IQ higher than 100 to provide the volume of a tank unless you've keep the wrapping.

And the number of people who advertise their tanks with no measurements ( can't find ruler ), or pictures ( sorry, camera is broken ) ... and those that can't measure the glass thickness ...

It would be best TM had a template for tanks as they do for houses; that's what I would push for. And the volume appears in the advert title.

good idea, i've been wishing they did that :thup:

was browsing a few weeks before I managed to find the right one the other day, and i've still got a watchlist full. Two have identical 'large tank' titles, but one is 900L and one is 160L lol.

ok,

been browsing trademe and figured out, peoples view of 'huge tank' or 'very large tank' is somewhat skewed!

i figured, to avoid all issues, i recommended to trademe to categorise tanks to LITRES ranges.

eg:

100 to 200

200 to 300 etc.

anyways, if enough people submit that suggestion, it will happen:D

I was just thinking of this too a couple of nights ago. Even if you search for large you still get the 90 x 30 x 30's :roll:

Don't have all night to sift out the crap

Unfortunately trademe just doesn't care. They've worked themselves into a situation where they are a household name, and there are pretty much no competitors so they can be as incompetent as possible with practically no repercussions. What are people going to do? Move to sella? Good one!

It's not good business if they do not respond to customer feedback. I'm sure adding a few more categories isn't a big deal of work. And To be honest I've had quite good experiences with TradeMe customer support :thup:

Plus it is getting to the stage of, if they can find it, they can buy it, therefore more income. But if they can't find it, they cant buy it and less in comparison income.

It's not good business if they do not respond to customer feedback.

Sure it is, if you are a monopoly. Just look at telecom. The government had to step in and regulate them. Sure trademe isn't on the same level but the same rules apply.

they responded to me, will be interesting to see if any changes are made.

Indeed will be watching this one :spop:

• 4 weeks later...

Generally people that have no serious fish keep addiction will list their tanks as "huge" or "very large" when in reality they are only 100- 150L It makes me laugh when you see people advertising "huge tanks" they put no measurements in the auction, and you can tell its more like a 30L at most.

On the other hand fish freaks like ourselves stand out like a sore thumb on TM :slfg: