Jellymeat's 600ltr planted build Updated pg5

Jellymeat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no all that water on the carpet i can see why dad would be upset but tanks looking alsome r u going to breed the black widoms

It wasn't a bad leak. most of it ended up behind the sump in the cabinet but i shut it off quickly so it was a bad mess

Well my trifasciatas have bred. I found one small fry about 5-6mm long so they have bred some time ago. But dont know how many there are as i have only seen one. So i think i am going to have to get a new 4 foot tank that is divided in two.

I also have put my small discus in the new tank and my clown loach aswell as he thinks he is a discus.

I will most likely get him some more friends soon

Nice work. From the pic of your females they look to be in prime breeding condition... nice and yellow :thup:

Yeah I think about 5 or so of them are so once i have got all of the fish out of the tank that they are in I am going to get them there own nice and new tank.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have some more photos that i took last night.

I still haven't got the doors on yet though.

And we just got the power bill for last month and has gone up $200 form normal :facepalm: But it is not all to do with my tank, ran out of hot water some many times.

20120619_204822.jpg

20120619_204829.jpg

20120619_204908.jpg

20120619_173212.jpg

One out of three juvie trifasciata that i know of in my old tank

20120620_185827.jpg

Soo Many Discus :nfs:

Might want cut all the ambulia in half and replant it into the over flow box.

Lookin' Good :thup:

Yeah it's cabomba any I hate the stuff it's only a filler at the moment until I can get some other nice talk plants

I put my cardinals in a couple days ago bar the one i couldn't catch :facepalm:

After the last power bill my dad is going on an energy saving rampage.

So i have to cut down to two tanks now.

Anyone got any good suggestions on how to the cost of heating the tank?

We have been thinking about cutting out some polystyrene panels to put around the tank at night as my tank is in the living room.

Im considering getting one of the temperature controllers of fish-street.com to try and keep a steadier temperature and not to have one heater constantly going or that it seems to.

I'm also looking into a low wattage pump

Hopefully this weekend i will get my doors sorted and soon i will be able to get my co2 unit up a running once my plecos are in.

I will hopefully have some more pics up next week

What temperature does your house get down to at night. I am surprised your heater runs all the time, mine doesn't and the lights during the day heat the tank as well.

Run out of hot water because you use it doing water changes or because of another reason. Maybe your hot water cylinder is faulty. You could use cold water for the changes, it's unlikely to drop the temp a lot less they are massive.

What temperature does your house get down to at night. I am surprised your heater runs all the time, mine doesn't and the lights during the day heat the tank as well.

I wouldn't know what temp of my house is a night. I thiink one of my heaters run most of the time because of the thermostat is out a bit.

Run out of hot water because you use it doing water changes or because of another reason. Maybe your hot water cylinder is faulty. You could use cold water for the changes, it's unlikely to drop the temp a lot less they are massive.

Its because my sisters have decide to have long showers. The cylinder is fine. i do my water changes with water that is around the same temp and has been fine before

Nice looking tank and fish dude, good job. Also what is that substrate you are using and what is that plant you are growing under the mesh at the front?

Thanks for that.

I am just using standard black grit. It was ricca but my fish destroyed it so I don't have any now :facepalm: