Gidday to all especially in the Bay

F15hguy

Hi there

Finally joined the forum after years of reading.

I'm from Tauranga and have been keeping fish since I was 5yrs old.

im now 29 and have 8 years professional experience in the trade and have reacently returned from Australia to take over the fish room at Carine Garden Center (the missus won't let me have 50 tanks at home so I had to scratch the itch some how :P )

I am especially keen on Dwarf Cichlids, Bettas and Africans but also like experimenting with unusual setups.

I am about to attempt a NZ mudflat nano setup and thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else has tried this before.

yeah just want to keep a couple of sand darters (dunno their proper name but they tiny gobies that live in the small puddles, sand coloured on top, irridescent blue on sides) water quality not a prob as I am planning on 3 x 30% water changes a week ( more probably 50%) thought it would be a good challenge i'll post a pic when up and running (the female wont let me set up until i build a new stand for it =(

yeah just want to keep a couple of sand darters (dunno their proper name but they tiny gobies that live in the small puddles, sand coloured on top, irridescent blue on sides) water quality not a prob as I am planning on 3 x 30% water changes a week ( more probably 50%) thought it would be a good challenge i'll post a pic when up and running (the female wont let me set up until i build a new stand for it =(

High frequency of intermediate volume, is better than low frequency/high volume water changes.

I deter people from the 50%+ changes as most fish are sensitive to changes in parameters, and at 50%, the changes can be quite rapid (especially in S/Water, where there are simply more parameters to get right!)

Welcome, You'll find us Tauranga lot pretty dam friendly, hope to eventually see this mudflat biotope you describe :thup: