400+ species - aquarium plants [NEW ORDER]

Plantman

Calling all aquatic planters,

i recently got to know about ordering may be 20 or 30 copies of this book.

for more information, check up this website:

http://www.tropica.com/default.asp

type "The Aquarium Plant Handbook" in the advance serch and enter.

cost per book, including shipping to AUckland is $45.00

this book describes 400+ species of aquarium plants.

i have a copy myself and i find it useful as it uses photography picture rather than drawing to identify the plant species. easy reference and pratically a dictionary for most of the popular plants among the Planted tank hobbist.

if the number of order is there, i can ship then over to me adn then to you. depending on your location, shipping to you will be an added cost. if only a few people are interested, the cost will be higher.

for $45, i will need only 20 orders. this is a book worth investing as it gives many tips on various issues for aquatic plant.

if you are interested or want to order for your friends, please reply this tread, PM me or email to me so that i can have a count of number of people interested.

you do not have to pay me until the books arrive.

waiting for your reply.

aquariumplanthandbook.jpg

Foreword by Takashi Amano

Amanotohandbook.jpg

AmanotoHandbook01.jpg

Interesting Moss Ball

AquariumPlantHandbook01.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't this be in the commercial trade and exchange area?

Hi All

i am not sure whether i am in the right area but this is the area where Planted tank hobbist meet. This books focus only on aquatic plants. i have not order any books yet. i would like to know the number of people interested before i place an order with the overseas supplier.

it has clear a lot of my questions about aquatic plants and i am sure it will help many in NZ. i have being to most LFS before and non has this book at all.

i may need to ask for payment once i place the order.

if you want me to show some pictures of my book, please let me know.

Spread the word around. so that i can keep track of the number of people placing order for this book.

• 2 weeks later...
I would be interested too next time you order some.

Hi Caryl

i am happy to keep you in the list as people who are interested in place an order for "The Aquarium Plant Handbook".

once i have 5 people, i will place an order with the supplier.

i will also ask those who had bought the book to give some sort of comment.

thank you.

Well, my copy of this book arrived a couple of days ago now and I'm very happy with it.

Beautifully presented, with each species having its own colour photo. Each plant has info (in the form of symbols) about the prefered conditions and difficulty also most entries have a written description giving extra info.

It's nice to have a book that is so comprehensive in the species it covers.

Now if only I can find some of these plants in the shops.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

anyone else interested to place order for this books?

it is indeed a value book for aquarium plant hobbyist with tons of information.

it comes with the auctual picture for easy identification of the plants.

i have two interested parties and are looking for three more people before i place the order with the supplier for 5 copies.

let me know please.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Plantman,

Just wondering if you could give me an estimate of indication of cost to wellington for this book.

Thanks B

Hi Ballistic,

sorry for the late reply. the cost was stated in the ealier post. if i can secure 20 books, cost per book is $45. now i am taking 5 books at a time which are selling at $55. wating time once i order it will be 2 - 3 weeks. postage only $6.00 for normal post.

hence, it will be $61 to send to Wellington. still cheaper than what other people are paying in Canada. (read the earlier post).

let me know if you want to the numner 3 person on the order list.

thanks

• 7 months later...

Some members have indicate their interest to place order of "The Aquarium Handbook". the cost is still the same. by trust, i will place the order of the book if there are 5 books ordered. for ordering 20 books, i will need member to pay first.

5 books and above will be at $55 each and 20 books will be $45 each.

Please place your nick here:

this order is also subject to availability from the supplier but i will do my best.

Some members have indicate their interest to place order of "The Aquarium Handbook". the cost is still the same. by trust, i will place the order of the book if there are 5 books ordered. for ordering 20 books, i will need member to pay first.

5 books and above will be at $55 each and 20 books will be $45 each.

Please place your nick here:

You can count me in

1 Dragon28

Hi All

this book indeed is a handy book and save me a lot of trouble searching through the internet.

i have email to all who ordered the book with personal assurance that i will send the books once i recieved shipment from the supplier.

i will do my best to get it before Christmas as some have requested.

this ordering will close by end of November.

let me know if you have any questions. 8) 8) 8)

Gee... (scratching my head).

i do have the money (i think still in process) which i feel abit nervous and i have yet to order the book. if i do not have the money, i cannot pay the supplier. :o:o:o

hope everything goes well, if not i may end up paying from my own pocket. :-? :-? :-?

does that made you feel guilty enough Ha Ha! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sorry, no fantastic plant to offer. :P:P:P