Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Dragon28

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dragon28

  1. Nowadays I have moved away from using a laptop to using a descent desktop computer. Cheaper to buy, easier to service and upgrade etc. What I did tho, for when I need to be mobile is I brought an Asis EEE Pc, which is a ultra portable, and I just tranfer whatever docs I need between the two machines. For my personal situation I find it almost perfect
  2. I have two Eheim auto feeders, now they must be about 5 years old (give or take), and they are great. I have to agree witht he comments about feeding time being the time to check tanks etc, and strangely enough the ones I use are on the tanks in our main living area. The auto feeders are so much easier than trying to get the cats off the top of the tank
  3. You could try a kite as Caryl suggested .. something like http://www.skytoys.co.nz/proddetail.asp?prod=PLCROW Given you are in Wellington you could also try Dragon Flight in Carterton, as they would be closer and I know they also stock some of that manufacturers products.
  4. Age: 37 Colour: Green Interests: Kites, Motorcycles, Hunting/Target Shooting, Dragon's Fishkeeping: 20 odd years - with a couple of gaps in there somewhere
  5. My mum had goldfish when I was a kid, and when she got ill, I was given the task of looking after the little blighters. Once she finally passed on to a better place, I looked after the fish for a couple of years till they all had moved on to that same better place. Wasn't really too interested in keeping it going, until some one introduced me to tropicals, and I have never really looked back since. I also enjoy the fact that I can just keep the fish, and just enjoy the solitude, I have other sports/hobbies, where there is never-ending meetings/training nites etc, these can be hard with the time constraints of work, family etc . The best part of that is most fish-keepers that I have met up with understand that, and there is no pressure you just get to enjoy the hobby (with exception fo those required water changes)..
  6. Tough questions... The all time fav song would be Endless Road by the Time Bandits (yep, I am an oldie). Fav movie .. in the last twelve months would be "300", totally visually stunning
  7. Hiya Vtec8u, Welcome to the site, it is good to have another person from the Wairarapa
  8. My copy arrived today as well. Just as good as the last copy ... Many thanks to Henry for organising this for us, and for the prompt delivery (and the extremely good packaging)
  9. You can count me in as well! (not sure if you already have me on the list)
  10. You can count me in 1 Dragon28 2 3 4 5
  11. It i s worth looking at Weldwell for CO2 cylinders, that is where I got mine from, and at the time it was not that expensive (unfortunately it was so long ago now, I can't remember what I paid for it) Getting the cylinder refilled is no major hassle, I get mine refilled at Wards Cylinder Services in Lower Hutt

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.