My LDA72 have spawned!

fishy-fish

I'm beginning to think yours aren't common BN fishy fish.

Your fry colour wise, don't look anything like mine :wink:

Mine are certainly darker than yours and they have the white tips on their tails, yours clearly don't :dunno:

Good work tho, they're looking fabulous, man they hoe down on the zucchini aye, they love it.

Who knows then :) Maybe his have been crossed with a golden one at some stage in their linage to cause them to be a lighter fish? Thats the problem with the ancistrus (and other fish we have in the country) sometimes fish sold as the same thing can be made up of completely different species so vary in apperance etc. I know I had 2 different "strains" of brown bristlenoses and one lot got far bigger than the other lot with far bigger bristles etc and had different spots and stuff, but as far as I knew they were both just random brown bristlenoses.

Don't base an id on what the fry look like. Statistically it is much more likely that they are hybrids. Ideally wait till the fry have matured and have someone who knows what they are doing check out they parents and next generation. Realistically you have has experienced fish keepers refute the id based on the adult, which is probably a good indication they are not LDA72

Don't base an id on what the fry look like. Statistically it is much more likely that they are hybrids. Ideally wait till the fry have matured and have someone who knows what they are doing check out they parents and next generation. Realistically you have has experienced fish keepers refute the id based on the adult, which is probably a good indication they are not LDA72

I'm certainly not basing an I.D. on the fry however they were sold to me as LDA72. Yes, experienced fishkeepers did say they were common bristlenose but now they're saying the fry are different to common bristlenose... so I still don't have a positive I.D. I'd be interested to know if anyone has kept and bred LDA72 and could take a look at the photos. I'm not fussed either way, it would be good to know though. The reason I've posted all these photos is because I want a correct I.D. as I will be selling the fry. Anyway, here's another couple of update photos. As always your 2 cents is welcomed! :thup:

P1010562.jpg

P1010553.jpg

Forgot to mention that i've had a few deaths. About 2 or 3 each day! :tears:

I have checked PH and Ammonia, Nitrates etc and all seems normal enough. I give them fresh vege each day and don't leave it in there longer than 12hrs so that it doesn't foul up the tank and I'm also increased my water changes daily to try and help. I have two sponge filters in the tank which is an established tank, all I did was remove the substrate before adding the fry. I have a piece of wood from another one of my tanks and a terrecotta pot also from a cycled tank. I have a small power head that pushes the water around at 300L/hr - certainly nothing to intense. The dead fry seem to have bloated bellies?? Any ideas?

Bummer, Obviously they don't know when to stop eating :roll:

What size tank do you have them in??

Are they in the tank on their own??

Is the water aerated??

Cant really think of anything else :-?

Yip they're in a 60L on their own and the two sponge filters provide heaps of airation. Are they just lazy eaters??

I'm stumped?

I was losing a few when I first started out. Water parameters were fine. I found that moving a bubble stone around to where they were dying reduced the deaths quite significantly. (not adding another, just moving it)

I was losing one a day, from a batch of 60ish. They've stopped dying, but their growth has slowed right down now....

Anyway, your new pics are starting to look a bit more like mine. Could be lighting? :dunno:

dunno about bloated bellies, mine didn't have that