Feeding Nori to freshwater fish ..

snookie

Ermm... I really don't think it's a good idea. Nori has all sorts of preservatives in it which might not be so good for the fish. I've seen proper seaweed for marine/ freshwater fish at HFF, you might want to consider those..?

The preservative is drying. :) It's fine. People with marine tanks feed it to their fish all the time. I've seen stuff at the fish store that's identical down to the size of the slices and the bag theyre in to what you can get at New world but for 10 times the price.

Could be worth a try if its cheap, but IMO feeding them a staple of something like Hikari Cichlid Excel would give them plenty of green matter they need. Feeding the nori could get quite messy as with things like that they tend to rip it to bits and half of it ends up floating around the tank (which is why I only fed cos lettuce the day before water change day). Just make sure they have some driftwood to nibble on too!

A very very rough calculation puts this as 17x the amount of sodium recommended when adding tonic salt to a fresh water aquarium.

Which would be relevant if you were going to fill the tank solid with nori. But then there'd be no room left for water or the fish.