Fluval 203 advice.

fish_fingers

Does anyone know about Fluval 203 canister filters? Got one last year when I purchased a tank on Trade Me, among other crap, but can not seem to get the water flowing, salvaged hoses, spray bars and other bits from an old canister that died. I filled it up with water due to no obvious priming device.

I have checked on Google and You Tube for visual aid but can see what I did wrong? Any ideas or perhaps a photo of it connected properly? Thanks in advance.

Below is how I figure it is meant to be set up? Left hand side is connected to the water inlet and the right hand-side, disconnect as in photo, is the water outlet e.g. spray bar. Perhaps back to found? Either way it didn't work.

401294211.jpg

Ah... the loveable Fluval 203, had 2 of those.

On the top plate is should say whether the tube is for "in" and the other for "Out"

The filters work from the bottom up. so use the most course filter media for the bottom tray, finer for the middle and sponges for the top.

When you plug the canister to power, do you hear the impeller going?

If not, then you will need to check to see whether it is broken or not.

Hollywoods have the impellor in stock, I checked last week cause I was getting a new impellor for my 405.

If the impellor is working then you will need to fill the canister to the top and put on the top motor, fill the tubes with water, and then turn on, if you get covered in the water, then the canister is working.

Nice and simple. :cofn:

Ah... the loveable Fluval 203, had 2 of those.

On the top plate is should say whether the tube is for "in" and the other for "Out"

The filters work from the bottom up. so use the most course filter media for the bottom tray, finer for the middle and sponges for the top.

When you plug the canister to power, do you hear the impeller going?

If not, then you will need to check to see whether it is broken or not.

Hollywoods have the impellor in stock, I checked last week cause I was getting a new impellor for my 405.

If the impellor is working then you will need to fill the canister to the top and put on the top motor, fill the tubes with water, and then turn on, if you get covered in the water, then the canister is working.

Nice and simple. :cofn:

Yip all is connected, layered and working just won't draw in and expel water. Weird.

If you lie the 'out' hose (as in the hose that takes the water out of the cannister and back into the tank on either the ground or at a lower level than the cannister itself and turn it on, what happens? If everything is full of water to start with the flow should start when the power comes on. If there is an airlock this should assist it to clear.