MF4L's 270 litre build

marinefish4life

Six - Lines are so awesome. Your Bi Color looking nice too, still a bit of growing to be done with him/her haha

thanks, a was a bit afraid of putting in the six line but ATM he seems to mind his own business when i got the steamy(angel) in October last year he was 5 cm now hes still only 6 or 7, there maximum size is 15 i think i read so a lot of growing to do :slfg:

yep, looks great, but as you've been told elsewhere, you are really overloading a small tank.

You need at least 1 if not 2 decent water changes a week, until you get a bigger tank, and stop buying fish.

Overloading? I know marine tanks do require lower stocking levels, but 6 small fish in a 270L isn't really that much, surely? :dunno: And as MF4L said, the dragon wrasse will be removed when it gets too big. Explain more though as I'm no expert on marines, and I'm really eager to learn :) I love learning stuff about marine tanks, it's so fascinating.

This guy's tank is 200L and he has way more fish and they all look really healthy. I know that the tangs get bigger and will need to be removed, but they could be replaced with anthias or something else small.

Here's his channel for more vids :) - http://www.youtube.com/user/whatafather/videos

no, he has a high bioload now for a tank that size fully matured.

He is keeping a reef, which is corals and fish. Corals need clean water with very low nutrients, too many fish, which grow quickly, make this next to impossible and the corals will suffer.

Its hard to resist sometimes but it is a very small tank in marine terms, and restraint's needed.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL just saw the dragon chase a medium sized glass shrimp and fit the whole thing in its mouth and gone in 30 seconds!

anyways... just a little coral update:

Big mushy

IMG_0834_800x597.jpg

GSP

IMG_0831_800x597.jpg

WSP

IMG_0826_800x597.jpg

CSP

IMG_0825_800x597.jpg

New Red mushys and hairy mushys off LA (thanks)

IMG_0823_800x597.jpg

RBTAS

IMG_0832_800x597.jpg

Finger leather

IMG_0824_800x597.jpg

Coralline growth on pump

IMG_0833_800x597.jpg

Coralline growth on thermometer

IMG_0830_800x597.jpg

FTS

photo.jpg

thanks for looking!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I know you wrote that on the photo. I can write stuff on photos too if I want to :wink:

Just wasn't sure why you wrote that for but you have specified :D

So why would you want to keep him if he damages your corals? That's certainly not a good look :( Maybe swap him for a more coral-friendly fish?