Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wooopss......

Featured Replies

Soo... I decided to try make my own DIY co2 system... Wishing I had bought a non-return valve because the yeast sugar mix back-flowed a little bit into the aquarium, and now, my water is cloudy and disgusting. :an!gry

Anyone done this stupid mistake before?

I'm guessing to get rid of the cloudiness I'm just going to have to do multiple water changes...?

Yeah no harm done..

But I don't think a non return valve would have prevented the mix going into the tank... they prevent water from syphoning out of your tank though.

couldn't you just put 2 overflow valves in the line? one facing one way,one facing the other?

No, because they only allow the flow to go one way therefore CO2 will become trapped between the 2 valves.

  • 2 weeks later...

Been there done that :facepalm:

I solved the problem by adding another bottle into the system between the mix and the tank so that when the mix overflows it goes into 2nd bottle before getting anywhere near the tank, like alanmin4304 suggests.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Well I made a better c02 system, with 2 bottles. 1/2 cup sugar, 1tsp yeast and warm water a few weeks ago and isn't producing any bubbles... Anyone have a better recipe?

Well I made a better c02 system, with 2 bottles. 1/2 cup sugar, 1tsp yeast and warm water a few weeks ago and isn't producing any bubbles... Anyone have a better recipe?

You should have had bubbles within a few hours, not weeks. Even if the proportions are off you should still get something. How warm was the water you used?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.