Fish Tank - Super Sink Pump Water Changer.

fish_fingers

It looks vy interesting. My faucet is not threaded so wouldn't work on my tap. Tho you would waste twice as much water as you have the tap running to drain the tank as well as fill it.

Yeah, the water waste did cross my mind. There was a similar design that came out 3-4 years ago but was green and much more expensive. Also, I imagine that most faucets are not threaded?

I have one of these things. My problem is we do not have strong water pressure and the tap is about the same height as the tank (and quite a distance from it) so it takes ages to fill (easy to forget it is running). It does not give a strong enough suck to clear the crud from the substrate as you work either. Because of these 2 things I rarely use mine these days as it is quicker with the buckets.

I too have one of these sink pumps and I swear by it. Makes life so much easier. Have been using the same one with a the plastic fittings for about 5 years.

I attach mine via a long hose to a gravel vac, just have to remember to remove the gravel vac when putting it in fill mode, as the gravel vac has a 1 way valve :P

I use the normal gravel vac when I do water changes, then top the tank back up with this awesome invention my husband made me

A garden hose? Wow, I'm impressed. :)

I just have about 10-15 meters of 25mm(I think) clear hose stuck onto my gravel vac. Siphon out the door, connect to the sink in the bedroom and refill back through the gravel vac.