Setting up 2 more tanks (with pics)

fishy-fish

As a confessing sufferer of MTS, I recently built a 200L tank and I've had a 75L tank sitting around doing nothing, so I decided to use whatever I had lying around to set these two tanks up. The 200L is going to raise my latest additions (more to come on those in the near future...) and the 75L is going to give me more space for fry. With some spare concrete blocks and a little bit of ply... TA DA!

The space where the new set up is going (in need of a clean!)

P1000644.jpg

Stand assembled in roughly 45seconds :slfg:

P1000653.jpg

75L in place and insulated (making the lid tonight!)

P1000656.jpg

Ready for the 200L

P1000657.jpg

All done and in place

P1000658.jpg

I brought the 75L forward for easier access

P1000659.jpg

My garage = MTS zone!

P1000662.jpg

how do you manage ??

The wifey is in bed early most nights so I get stuck into it then. Typical man pottering around in his garage at night time :slfg:

These photos were taken around midnight last night!

Seriously though, fishkeeping is a great hobby for a fam and especially young kids. The two oldest help me feed the fish each day and when it's time to strip a female, it's a famiy affair! All the kids crowd round to see and then count the fry. Plus, a bit of extra cash from breeding helps :thup:

Seriously though, fishkeeping is a great hobby for a fam and especially young kids. The two oldest help me feed the fish each day and when it's time to strip a female, it's a famiy affair! All the kids crowd round to see and then count the fry. Plus, a bit of extra cash from breeding helps :thup:

yup, that's why i got into it. my wife thought it would be better than having hobbies away from the house so i took it up. mind you, i didn't stop the other so it turned out to be another.

• 3 weeks later...

I might be imagining it but looks to me that the bottom plank is bowing, and the grain is running across the tank vs along the length. So as to not stress the glass, perhaps you need a central support for the bottom tank like you've supported the top one?

I might be imagining it but looks to me that the bottom plank is bowing, and the grain is running across the tank vs along the length. So as to not stress the glass, perhaps you need a central support for the bottom tank like you've supported the top one?

It's only a 75L tank and made of 5mm so I'm confident it will be OK.

I just added a breeding group of 6 Metriaclima callainos (Cobolt Blue Zebras) to the 200L. I'm super stoked at the quality of these fish! Can't wait for my first batch of fry!