Golden Bristle Nose

Ymir

I have about hundred odd wrigglers :happy1:

Is there anything special I need to know about them??

I have given them flake food and a small bit of corrgette (probably way way way too early :facepalm: )

Do I need to add a little wood to the breeder net for their diet needs? :dunno:

I think they will need the wood if you are not feeding them bottom feeder pellets that have lignin or something in them which is what they get from the wood. I fed my BN fry whole pellets as they suck on them.

Not sure why you have put them in a breeder net. How big is it? They will need more space than that if it is one of the little box net things I am thinking of.

They are in the breeder net because I am worried my cichlids will make a meal of them. Well several meals.

I will get some pleco food tomorrow. They have not touched the courgette that I put in there as far as I can tell (Epic fail :facepalm: ).

I have never worried about having proper pleco food and they seem to grow well enough and breed too it seems :thup:

congrats on the GBA babies! :thup:

I have 5 in one of my tanks and hoping to see little wriggles one day too. How old are your breeders?

Keep the thread updated. I will keep a close eye on your progress.

They are at least two years old. I had just put two ceramic caves into the tankabout two weeks ago for more hidding areas and now I have wrigglers.

I've got some at the moment also, just became free swimming over the weekend :happy1:

I've had a look at some of the other posts, and some people have said that only about 20 out of their 80 survived :o

Is this normal?? At what stage do they start dying off? Mine all seem perfectly happy, I don't think I've lost a single one yet :happy1: