Buying plants in Hamilton

zeebee

Hi Zeebee

I have bought some from Goldfish bowl and some off trade me from a seller located in Morrinsville.

Although my plants grow prolifically and I havent needed buy any for a while. I often have to cut back my cabomba as it swamps one of my tanks. Usually I throw the excess away.

What type of plants are you after?

Well I have black silica sand as substrate, thinking of putting a piece of bog wood as centre piece (but have heard it will make my water really brown, and I don't want that, so am undecided). I'm thinking vallasneria for backround.

Any ideas?

Its going to be a community tank with schools of tetras etc

Not all bogwood releases tannins so you may not have trouble with tinted water. Some leach for a while and others always do so, no matter what you do. A matter of luck, or perhaps the type of wood.

I collect native timber driftwood from the Hokitika beach and have never had one leach but one I bought with a tank (from up north) leached continually.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

I heard that you want some plants for your fish tank right? Well I'm not really using any plant from the petstore. I use my own garden plant. It is sub tropical plant that can grow and live on both soil dry land or water. Also edible as well for human :)

Actually, it a herb. And it has been growing just fine in my low light warm water. It will do well in all kind of water condition :) Cold or hot. The plants I bought from Animates seem to died off really quickly in my tank but this plant that I added into my tank survived for over 1 month now and growing roots everywhere. Keeping my water clean and crystal clear even without filter in the tank.

Let me know if you want some. I'm from Hamilton. I'll give you some for free :)

PM me.

Regards,

Maxx