Traditional Christmas ideas

mcrudd

Peppermint Chrisp Tart (don't think about your weight while eating this tart LOL)

Ingredients :

2 Packets of Tennis biscuits (you can find these in the international isle in a pack and save)

1 Large Bubbly mint (green one)

3 bowls of Anchor thickened cream

2 Tins of caramel

Grate the whole Bubbly mint chocolate and put aside.

Take the Caramel and mix it very well so it does not clump.

Mix a half of the Bubbly mint chocolate into the caramel.

Once the caramel with chocolate is mixed well then fold the 3 bowls of cream into it.

Get a nice flat glass dish, I use the Pyrex ones and pack a layer of tennis biscuits in it.

Then take some of the caramel cream mix and make a layer on the tennis biscuits.

Repeat with biscuits and then caramel and biscuits and caramel until your biscuits is used up.

Your last layer must be some of the caramel cream mix.

Once you have your last layer sprinkle the last half of chocolate over it.

Put it into the fridge to set and for the biscuits to get nice and soft

If you manage too, its good to keep it in the fridge overnight for the softest tart, but many won't be able too :rotf:

a pic of tennisbiscuits so you can recognise them instore

Bakers+Tennis+Biscuit_medium.JPG.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flippin heck, why don't you just call it cholesterol on a plate disguised as a tart :o

*adds ingredients to shopping list...

:rotf: I know, but wait till you taste it, its like heaven on a plate :love:

I made it for our first scouts leader dinner, and there after everytime we had a scoutsdinner it was written in capitals that I need to make dessert and in bold Peppermint chrisp tart :slfg:

:facepalm: WHY DO I KEEP READING THIS THREAD!?

how many peppermint crisps do I need? A couple local shops have the original, authentic dealio sometimes...

Hahaha you are a sucker for Peppermint Chrisp Tart !drool:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I would like to thank everyone for their advice.

Here is our Christmas Lunch plan :)

Champagne ham glazed with si_sphinx recipe

Roasted turkey prepared with play dough, thanks alanmin4304 for the idea (would like to try the hole idea too some time if you would like to share the secret of how to do that too)

Greensalad and Coalslaw (sp) thanks Adrienne for the salad idea

Fizzy and Sun Country grape juice, thanks Sheepsnana for the grape juice idea (where do you buy yours)

my husband requested two extra stuff which is pumpkin fritters and roasted potato

Dessert will be

Trifle (non alcholic) Thanks Caryl for the lovely recipe

Peppermintchrisp tart

Malva pudding

Pavlova with strawberry and cream topping

Thanks once again for everyones advice, I have a little of everything in our Christmas Lunch

You need 3 bars, 2 go into the mixture and 1 to grate over on the top. They are very hard to grate, but much yummier :)

yum

grape juice you buy from the supermarkets

Thank you, will have a look tomorrow :)

We also thanks to the kids requesting it, added Pavlova to our desserts :lol:

The Pak n Save here did a nice grape juice in a clear wine bottle under the name Rose River Estate, it was $2.99. (It looked just like a Rosē wine, so I was lucky one of the kids noticed it was sparkling grape juice)

I've been dropping hints to the SA ladies at work about Malva pudding since I read it on here.... fingers crossed. I took their recipe for Milk Tart and made a few of those to share so they OWE me. Peppermint Crisp tart they also brought but it was a bought type and was quite moussey like on top, though tasty like an Aero pie.

so many calories, but only 2 legs to walk it all off with :facepalm:

Gotta Have Trifle!

Our trifle is non-alcoholic.

:o

Trifle ain't Trifle without the Whisky

Fruitcake is a no-no. There is some delusions that people buy a new one each year.

The truth is, it's the same fruitcake, no-one is eating it, ever. It gets a new ribbon each year, that's it.

Now you know the truth.

Don't eat the fruitcake.

:sage:Fruit Cake Brought from the supermarket is rubbish. It has to have Cherry and you have to let it age. Boy you are missing out.

• 2 weeks later...

mmm there was one type of biscuit I used before, I just can't remember its name, it took a while longer to get soft, but worked anyways. I will try and see if I can find it via google image if I recognise it or will pop into the shops tomorrow :)

found it

00036010.jpeg

Just remember they take a bit longer to get soft, so you will deffinetly have to try and leave the tart in the fridge overnight :thup: