Update: Brutus the red.... and my plecs

henward

Update of colour development, only will put on the pictures from first photos to photos from today.

May 2011

228may.jpg

Nov 2011

twt-6.jpg

OTHER SIDE:

May 2011

128may.jpg

Nov 2011

twt-5.jpg

L128 Blue Phantom

twt-89.jpg

L14 Sunshine

twt-99.jpg

Big Polka Dot pleco..(Unsure of L number if anyone could educate me) :D

twt-38.jpg

Some more aro photos of arowana doing stuff:

twt-64.jpg

twt-60.jpg

twt-49.jpg

twt-27.jpg

100% sure, identified by a very exprienced person from HFF, plus i already hvae a 25cm L114 cactus:D

very different fish, this one is quite large, that log its using as a home is a 30cm half log ornament.

i was gonna buy smaller ones but in the past i found that smaller plecs when purchased at tiny sizes are likely to be stunted, and only a few of them will get to a good size, as in nature, most are runty and picked off when young, only in captivity they actually survive due to our artificial care

so when i saw this advertised on here by HFF roskill, i reserved it urgently lol

its very active, eating in its second day, now everytime pellet hits the water, it smells it and detects the frenzy, and starts to feed.

im training it to come out to the centre of the tank, right now it comes out only close to its home, the L128 blue phantom comes out to centre of the tank now after 1.5 weeks of settling in.

Very Nice Henward.. Brutus has coloured up extremely well.

thanks

hoping for more! but cant rush nature, can only help it along lol

now untill next winter, gonna put on the weight on this while weather is warm - got plenty of food coming too wiuth locust,

then start tanning it maybe march ish.

ill do another shoot before then to compare results of pre tanning and post tanning pics, as well as any natural progression before hand

its like a science experiment lol

will hae to remember that

does it hav an equiv L numbe ror just different?

I have L142 / LDA33 Baryancistrus sp. and the white dots on it are a lot bigger.

Like here...

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/image.php?species=baryancistrus+sp%28l142%29&image_id=10206

All the pictures of this plec seem to have bigger spots than henwards.

I have L142 / LDA33 Baryancistrus sp. and the white dots on it are a lot bigger.

Like here...

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/image.php?species=baryancistrus+sp%28l142%29&image_id=10206

All the pictures of this plec seem to have bigger spots than henwards.

I have 3 of these and the spots seem to get smaller as they grow,

mine looked more like the pic in your link but now look more like this http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/image.php?species=baryancistrus+sp(l142)&image_id=5816

How big are yours? And Henwards?

The time difference is really a clear indicator of good genetics.

Of course, without a second 'control' fish, we cannot rule that the colour was in any way improved by feeding copious amounts of goldfish/ crickets/ mealworms/ locusts/ prawns/ massivore/ spirulina.

:lol:

Of course, without a second 'control' fish, we cannot rule that the colour was in any way improved by feeding copious amounts of goldfish/ crickets/ mealworms/ locusts/ prawns/ massivore/ spirulina.

haha

well, food does play a part

someone on arofanatics said that a good imperial VIP actually turns this way regardless of diet (prawn as primary only nothing else)

he said that he had one similar blood line (dont know how he figured that)

but he said, it will end up a nice colour as its apparent

but in saying that, i dont know, like you said, no control

so i guess with the investment i made in the fish to begin with, i may as well feed it nicely lol

you dont buy a lambo and take it to a carwash and put 91 gas in it, cheap budget tyres i guess:D

Or the white ballance on the camera or photoshoped ;)

haha

no, would not alter.... why would i, david, fraser and shawn (ally07) come over too frequently for me to have pie on my face:D

but if you want altered, here is one

Fake1.jpg

posted in arofatatics, they did not know it was fake untill i said.

this is fke:D passable though lol

i reckon some pics on line are photo shopped, you gotta be careful

this took my friend 10 seconds to finish altering