What leaves these Trails?

Li@m

it looks like poop but it can't be poop from only 5 ember tetra. Unless you have a big snail it might be an odd algae growing on the wood. How big is the snail?

The ones ive seen are about 3mm long and ive killed them. But i can find Anything that would leave these big poop trails.

They could be poo, although they look exactly like the things I saw in my daphnia tank outside. They were environmental worms and infested the tank surfaces. I don't know what type of worms they are but they are red and live inside those little tunnels. The tunnels are distinctly all around the same length and can be straight or slightly bent. The tunnels seem to be made of mulm or something.

They could be poo, although they look exactly like the things I saw in my daphnia tank outside. They were environmental worms and infested the tank surfaces. I don't know what type of worms they are but they are red and live inside those little tunnels. The tunnels are distinctly all around the same length and can be straight or slightly bent. The tunnels seem to be made of mulm or something.

That is what I thought, as I have seen similar in my daphnia tank inside, but I didn't want to look like an idiot :wave:

Yes I agree.

I had these on my tank glass and could see a little worm moving at the entrance to the tunnel. Look at the ends of the tunnels and you will see it is usually free of algae as the worms appear to eat it.

None of my fish were interested in them but maybe Gourami would eat them, I dont know.