Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Funny fact email

Featured Replies

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. (O.M.G.!!!) A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy. I'm still not over the pig.) The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off. (Honey, I'm home . What the...?) The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field. (30 minutes. Lucky pig! Can you imagine?) The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds. (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?) Some lions mate over 50 times a day. (I still can't believe that pig ...quality over quantity.) Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I always wanted to know.) Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump. (Okay, so that would be a good thing.) A cat's urine glows under a black light. (I wonder how much the government paid to figure that out.) An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that.) Starfish have no brains. (I know some people like that, too.) Polar bears are left-handed. (Talk about a southpaw.) Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure. (What about that pig? Do the dolphins know about the pig?) Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread these crazy facts. (and God love that pig)..

Pigs are not quiet or suble either. We had a small pig farmer whose neighbour didn't think he should keep pigs even if he was in the country and use to complain regularly to the Council. His reply was to mate a pair of pigs right next to neighbour's house at 7am every Sunday morning. He eventually got the idea.

  • Author
Pigs are not quiet or suble either. We had a small pig farmer whose neighbour didn't think he should keep pigs even if he was in the country and use to complain regularly to the Council. His reply was to mate a pair of pigs right next to neighbour's house at 7am every Sunday moring. He eventually got the idea.

:rotf:

:smot: but I like your current quote/signature :thup:

I like your's too lol! Are you going to put a new fish fact as your signature every week? :lol:

Fish have a specialized sense organ called the lateral line which works much like radar and helps them navigate in dark or murky water.

More like a passive sonar or ears, they sense mechanical vibrations and pressure waves in the water. Radar actively transmits and detects electromagnetic radiation. :smln: :slfg:

More like a passive sonar or ears, they sense mechanical vibrations and pressure waves in the water. Radar actively transmits and detects electromagnetic radiation. :smln: :slfg:

You lost me at 'more'... :dunno: :facepalm:

lol I was thinking of something like that. Ira I just got it off the internet :wink:

You got it off the internet so it must be true. :sml2:

:lol: No I wasn't saying I believed it. I'm well aware that information on the net is not always right/true.

UNLESS it's from Wikipedia, because the information there is submitted by subject matter experts and is constantly being reviewed for accuracy. :wink: In Wikipedia we trust! :sage:

  • Author

UNLESS it's from Wikipedia, because the information there is submitted by subject matter experts and is constantly being reviewed for accuracy. :wink: In Wikipedia we trust! :sage:

Yep Wikipedia is good :thup:

Most of Wikipedia is 100% accurate. Biographies are usually where there are errors.

In 3 years, I didn't attend a SINGLE course in which they didn't specifically warn us not to cite Wikipedia lol. Even at Stage 3 they remind us... :facepalm:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.