WATER DRAGONZ

BURN

They are all still the same species, just different plumage.

They only do this with mammals as far as I'm aware.

hybridisation only happens because we have taken the animal out of it's natural habitat and put it in an environment where they can mix. Human have 99.8% similar DNA to chimps and ~70% similarity to a cabbage.

stem cells are not used for cloning, gametes are. to clone you take a fertilised egg and remove the DNA and put the clone DNA in.

As an atheist and someone who studies evolution, most people don't understand what evolution is, most people think it's just macro evolution. Micro evolution is what is really happening over a very long time. The best example is drug resistance in bacteria, you set out 100 agar dishes with colonies of E.coli, and let them replicate, then use an antibacterial to kill them, there is a good chance that one will survive and evolve into a new colony of resistant bacteria.

:happy1: Finally I learnt some thing to day on this site of intelligence. WOW. :bounce:

Ask and say a few stupid statements. Might end up with few intelligent answers.

Are they X breeding reptiles and making new strains?

Are each strain of lizard the same just different plumage ?. Is each snake the same just different plumage.?

lmfao.

learnt what that one means two.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:happy1: Finally I learnt some thing to day on this site of intelligence. WOW. :bounce:

Ask and say a few stupid statements. Might end up with few intelligent answers.

Are they X breeding reptiles and making new strains?

No, they'll most likely be sterile and it would be considered unethical to do. In fish it's a random occurrence, in reptiles it would be forced.

Are each strain of lizard the same just different plumage ?. Is each snake the same just different plumage.?

lmfao.

learnt what that one means two.

Plumage is just the feathers in birds. Skin patterns in snakes would mean they are different species, undergoing divergence into new species or have sexual dimorphism.

It is very unlikely that a water dragon and a tuatara would cross as they are very genetically removed from each other. About the only thing they have in common is four legs and a tail.

There would be either a physical barrier preventing them breeding(land or not able to copulate), gamete incompatibility(gamete = egg and sperm), DNA incompatibility.

About the only thing they have in common is four legs and a tail.

a common ancestor a very long time ago probably between 300 and 150 million years ago.

There would be either a physical barrier preventing them breeding(land or not able to copulate), gamete incompatibility(gamete = egg and sperm), DNA incompatibility.

a common ancestor a very long time ago probably between 300 and 150 million years ago.

MOD's.... I cannot believe that you edited critter_crazy's post because you thought that she was "Posting to cause a reaction"

What the hell do you think this whole thread is about ?????

BURN is winding you all up and you are punishing the valued members of this forum who express their dislike of his actions :cry:

Was just thinking. Do these lizards also drop their tails off like other lizards do. ?. I remember as a kid finding lizards that dropped their tails off and if so do they grow back.

Their must also be strains of lizards that out X to produce new strains. Its nature.

MOD's.... I cannot believe that you edited critter_crazy's post because you thought that she was "Posting to cause a reaction"

What the hell do you think this whole thread is about ?????

BURN is winding you all up and you are punishing the valued members of this forum who express their dislike of his actions :cry:

nobody has been punished yet

This particula thread has actually ended up being the most constructive knowledgeable learning so far I personally think. With all the does and donts and possible X breeding which could actually save many endangered strains of lizards.

How many different lizard strains went into making this creature. or did it just appear like magic.

I personally think that X breeding to save endangered strains is a must.As any one who knows any thing about breeding creatures If you know what you are doing it is no problem. But if you do not know what you are doing then please do not give it a second thought and leave it to the people that do. hate them or love them he got the job done.

It occurred naturally by the process of genetic variation. Humans had no interference in making the tuatara. We didnt fuse this lizard with that lizard and magically we got a tuatara...It has been around for millions of years and it is only because of predators introduced into nz that has made them endangered. You wont be allowed to cross breed them, I mean who would let you get a tuatara?

Cross breeding them with another species, is it really saving them from extinction? you're just fusing them with a different reptile to make some sort of hybrid. And even that might now work. I do agree, something should be done to save more endangered species but there are some issues.

It occurred naturally by the process of genetic variation. Humans had no interference in making the tuatara. We didnt fuse this lizard with that lizard and magically we got a tuatara...It has been around for millions of years and it is only because of predators introduced into nz that has made them endangered. You wont be allowed to cross breed them, I mean who would let you get a tuatara?

Cross breeding them with another species, is it really saving them from extinction? you're just fusing them with a different reptile to make some sort of hybrid. And even that might now work. I do agree, something should be done to save more endangered species but there are some issues.

Well if I wont be aloud a tuatara then theirs really no hope for the breed. My personal opinion. I was just thinking about that cave man way way way back that did the first X. Maybe that is how this creature came about. Some thing to think about. Man was walking with dinos and they must have been a great part of certain types hobbies other then eating them. May be it was breeding them.

Breeding them for eating is the only real way to save most creatures.. My own personal opinion.

Yes and it is alot of the issues way endangered creatures are now extinct.

I'm pretty sure man canoes to NZ. No hope for the breed? ...heaps of hope, people have devoted their lives to tuataras, and with rapidly evolving technology, hopefully it'll survive.

So your theory is millions of years ago humans were alive and they MAGICALLY crossed two lizards together? :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure man canoes to NZ. No hope for the breed? ...heaps of hope, people have devoted their lives to tuataras, and with rapidly evolving technology, hopefully it'll survive.

So your theory is millions of years ago humans were alive and they MAGICALLY crossed two lizards together? :facepalm:

May be their is a carving in New Zealand that has man walking with Dinos.

I dont think cave man Xing lizards would be called magic. It be called X breeding.

I am a very straight think person actually but it was an imagination that made the ATOM BOMB.

Oh yup, cuz in the rest of the world humans hadn't been formed yet and magically NZ has humans? Dinosaurs Are over 160M years old and how long ago did humans(homo sapiens) evolve? Do some research, I'm 15 and know this off the top of my head.

id recommend taking his dogs from him...

you cant cross anything, most animals have mechanisms built in to prevent these things from happening.

if you got a tuatara id actually pack my bags and leave NZ, what kind of joke is this? this thread needs to be locked and removed, its making a mockery of this board.