Snake Neck Turtles

• 6 months later...

me too i would love some more and have asked a couple of places about adopting snake necks but none seem to want to let any go. These will be permanent residents here too

i am keeping an eye out on trademe as i prefer the larger ones. Can sit there for hours watching them. I find the snake necks alot more mellow in personality than the red ears

thanks

sarah

[email protected]

there were only 2 consistent breeders of these up till a couple of years back.both have gone out of them one way or another and it seems both breeding colonies have ceased or production is low?Also a you have to be a bit more concise with your incubation,if you can`t even get breeding stock nigh on impossible to get eggs let alone hatch them?Have seen cycles like this in the bird world when everyone wants something thats hard to get so everyone breeds them up and you can`t give them away.Same sort of thing here but the breeding cycle to raise the young and get them actually breeding is alot longer?