Help needed ASAP

Hdoubleu

I have just come home to find one of my gouramis sitting on its side on the bottom of the tank breathing like crazy. on inspection it seems that this fish and others have a fuzzy layer on their scales and for some on their eyes. I have added tonic salt as per instructions on the bag (1 Tablespoon per 20L) and the temp is about 26 deg. What else can i do?

I dont have any thing to test ammonia, however nitrates and nitrites are fine which lead me to believe that ammonia cant be too bad, the fuzzy layer leads me to believe that it is some kind of fungal infection. Possibly brought on by the fish being stressed while the water was cold, then flourishing (as fungi does) when the temperature was increased.

So far we have lost 6 glass cats and 4 Rummynose tetra. The gourami seem to be holding on (nearly pulled one out as I thought it was dead but by the time I got the net it was swimming around fine again. The Platys and Rasbora don't even seem to notice anything is going on.

So we were going to go fish shopping next week to add to the tank but now not so much. How long should we wait after treating our tanl before we think about adding new Fish? Luckily my class tank is fine so I can still buy some fish for that one (just need to decide on which) Miss HW