Walking With Dinosaurs

Caryl

Grant and I took Gareth and Dena with us to Auckland to see this show. It was brilliant! Very well done. Sorry about the poor quality pics but lighting was low and flash photography banned. Hopefully I have named all the dinosaurs correctly :roll:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v144/carylnz/Walking%20With%20Dinosaurs/?start=all

It has Huxley, the narrator, who tells the timeline of the dinosaurs and we travel through time a few million years with him explaining how various dinosaurs developed as the planet did. It starts with some eggs hatching out and then moves on. Various dinosaurs appear and eat, interact and/or fight etc. There is dramatic music in the background and it is all very loud!

Gareth has a short video of a bit of it in Facebook apparently.

Are the kids (6 yrs old) tickets the same price as adult? If so $200 for 3 of us to go is just to expensive, we will end up going to transformers (sons preference anyway) instead. His Trophy Kart is soaking up any spare money at the moment.

Are the kids (6 yrs old) tickets the same price as adult? If so $200 for 3 of us to go is just to expensive, we will end up going to transformers (sons preference anyway) instead. His Trophy Kart is soaking up any spare money at the moment.

I had a look at that aswell, and two adults and two kids is a bit more than I expected, my son is at transformers now, but they are keen for cars 2, so will rather take them to that :wink:

I'd definitely like to go see it, don't want to go to Auckland to do it though.

Was all my geeky childhood dreams come true lol

Huh, Interesting...My geeky childhood dreams involved more jets and buzzing towers.

JetSmiley.gif

*Edit* Actually, on second thought so do my current dreams, but with more hot chicks.

Best. Show. EVER! :o

Was all my geeky childhood dreams come true lol

I'm now happily stomping round the house in my new official Walking with Dinosaurs T-rex slippers :happy1:

They had slippers? damnit! i avoided the merch stalls for fear of having to spend thousands on toys that don't last very long for the kids. i'd love some slippers! might go tomorrow and see if they're got the merch cart open on the courtyard.

Oh, I went this morning (11am) too. It was rad. My kids loved it too.