What do i do??!?

89crwreck

Hi guys i need some advice. Im going on holiday tomorrow afternoon till sunday and the person that is ment to be feeding my fish has pulled out! The fish i have are 10x demasoni (bout 20mm in lenth), 5x electric yellows (50mm) 2x adult bristlenose and an 8" common plec. what are my options? are those feeding blocks any good? how long will they last? How much would an automatic feeder set me back?. Will my fish be ok for this amount of time without food? Any and all help/advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

The Tetra Feeding blocks look quite good but I have not tried it yet.

An autofeeder will cost about $30 on TM if you can find one that you cab pick up locally. Id call your LFS and see what autofeeders they have in stock and how much they cost.

On the other hand in the wild your fishes wont get food everyday anyway so a fast of a few days should be fine for most fish. If you can input your location in the User Control Panel someone from your area may volunteer to feed your fish while you are away :thup:

Thanks for the replys. Im located in feilding but not too keen on the idea of letting someone i dont know in my house while im not there. The fish are fed well, very active and healthy. Tank is 250l. Automatic feeder is not an option as funds dont allow. I might just get some feeding blocks and give them a go.

Sometimes feeding blocks are actually WORSE than leaving the fish without food, they can quickly pollute the water and without someone there to clean up, the fish could be dead by the time you come back. I too have left my fish for over a week without food and they were fine, you're only going until Sunday so they should be sweet.

HTH.

Sometimes feeding blocks are actually WORSE than leaving the fish without food, they can quickly pollute the water and without someone there to clean up, the fish could be dead by the time you come back. I too have left my fish for over a week without food and they were fine, you're only going until Sunday so they should be sweet.

HTH.

+1

I left my fish for a week with people feeding every 2nd day and they were all very sick, and some dead (which went unnoticed by the people feeding them) when I got back. Next time even if I have people available to feed them I will just leave them with no feeding.

Will they be agressive towards each other in times of hunger?

There will be some agro but should be ok.. If you are worried just black out the tank for the entire time you are away and let them sleep all week. But yeah should be fine for 5 days.. Sometimes 5 days is only actually 3 without food if you feed the morning you leave and the night you get back..

Have to agree with not letting people who don't know what they are doing feed your fish! Have lost a few fish that way over the years, people thing it is fun to just bomb the tank out with food and don't notice things going wrong..