Discus fish... with pics

discusdude

Hey everyone I LOVE discus who are all the other discus keepers and breeders in New Zealand ??

Its quite hard to find many people breeding discus of high quality and different strains theres soooo many colours i want but I cant find.

These are my red pigeon blood discus "Red Dragons"

2011_0502pigeon0017.jpg

2011_0502pigeon0015.jpg

Nice fish discusdude!

I have a wild-type Blue-Brown/Blue Turq pair, currently have 8 week old fry and 7 day old fry. I have a Leopard (9 bar)/Brilliant Blue pair, currently with 3 week old fry. I also have a pair of Golden Red Melons, currently on strike :( .

I have two young (circa 12 months old) High Fin Blue Diamond Males that have paired up with a female wild-type Blue-Red (not yet sure which male she will choose). Ultimately I would like to pair these two males with two (suspected) Blue Diamond Females.

I also have a (suspected) Brilliant Blue male that I might try a forced pairing with the female Brilliant Blue mentioned above. Also hoping to get a pair from three Leopard Spotted Snakeskins (14 bar).

cheers

Beautiful fish discusdude, I too am struggling to find good quality specimens outside the standard blues. i have a pair of Albino leopards that came from Vincent, they have layed a few times but the suspected male eats the eggs as fast as the female can lay them, also a super red checkerboard female (but no male), a red turk paired with a cobalt, 2 ring spot leopards starting to shake at each other and a few other randoms. I am dead keen on some of your fry if you get some to the point of selling. Good luck with them. Bill

Thanks everyone for the kind words I am working hard to improve the quality of discus in nz and to expand the range of strains available to the public. I have recentily made contact with a importer who will bring alot of new strains into nz from different parts of asia, we should start to see something new very soon. I am an albino fan and will requested albinos to be imported so i can create a solid breeding stock also ring leopards and eruptions aswell as newskol reds.

With a bit of luck and dedication discus in nz should be upto world standard within the next few years.

Thanks everyone for the kind words I am working hard to improve the quality of discus in nz and to expand the range of strains available to the public. I have recentily made contact with a importer who will bring alot of new strains into nz from different parts of asia, we should start to see something new very soon. I am an albino fan and will requested albinos to be imported so i can create a solid breeding stock also ring leopards and eruptions aswell as newskol reds.

With a bit of luck and dedication discus in nz should be upto world standard within the next few years.

sounds great! :D :bounce:

Sounds good. I like an optimist! :wink: although not a fan of albinos.

How about some "wild type" discus. I don't mean wild caught, but some that resemble wild ones as close as possible... Perhaps a few generations down from wild caught ones... I would pay good money for those!