June 24, 201115 yr comment_442596 I wish! My mates the same age as me and he's already passed NCEA 1/2/3(maybe 2/3 creds off?) with excellence. He's 15. Doing uni papers... Report
June 24, 201115 yr comment_442598 I wish! My mates the same age as me and he's already passed NCEA 1/2/3(maybe 2/3 creds off?) with excellence. He's 15. Doing uni papers... Yeah, All my friends are like that - I've got two doing masters in biology and another doing honours calculus (got a perfect A+ right through), sigh, I'll catch up sometime... Report
June 24, 201115 yr comment_442600 wish I was like that! Oh well being above average is ok I guess... Gotta stop obsessing with fish and work hard if I want to be a dentist though Report
June 24, 201115 yr comment_442604 Me too. Doing my second postgrad. This one is in financial planning. Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442732 +1 student, doing ecology, behaviour and evolution at Auckland uni. Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442817 + me too. At Auckland doing ecology as well :slfg: I am first year though, but I prefer the marine/freshwater and behaviour side rather than evolution. Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442852 Lol, fishing keeping obviously attracts certain types of people... I'm starting my fresh water paper next semester, gonna ace it - I've had enough practice with a lot of what is covered :slfg: Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442862 Has anyone ever stayed in a hostel? Are you allowed to have fish tanks? Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442869 Has anyone ever stayed in a hostel? Are you allowed to have fish tanks? How long would you be looking at staying at one? I'd be surprised if they did to be honest though. Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442881 Has anyone ever stayed in a hostel? Are you allowed to have fish tanks? Most hostel rooms are the size of fish tanks?? Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442888 I know some apartment places don't allow fish tanks so I'd expect something similar and to that but hope for the best? Like repto said, space would be your main issue though How big is your tank? Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442894 If you owned the apartment, then you would be able to. But as far as I searched, majority of the apartment that are renting wont allow pets. Especially houses for rent. "BUT" maybe they are referring to cats and dogs? Maybe giving the owner a call? Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442895 Haha only 15 at the moment. Just wondering what my turtles going to do when I'm at uni :dunno: Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442896 + me too. At Auckland doing ecology as well :slfg: I am first year though, but I prefer the marine/freshwater and behaviour side rather than evolution. I'm in second year ecology. 206 is awesome, the field trips fill up really fast, pureora in 4 mins. 209 sucks, it's stats.1.2mx.38mx.45m probably too big, a .6 x .30 x .45 is probably the limit. Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442901 My girlfriend has a 3 foot cichlid tank in her apartment, but the body corp there is really good and also allows birds, the ones that I looked at however weren't so understanding. lol. 'Pets' is a term that depends on the people you take to - decorative center piece is what I'd call a tank, if it got me in an apartment with a tank. 209 is rubbish, my least favourite paper so far in my degree, however, doing 309 next semester so that could change quite soon. (shudder) Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442924 i lived in a hostel in hamilton for a year and fish would have been the only pets you were allowed Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442944 My girlfriend has a 3 foot cichlid tank in her apartment, but the body corp there is really good and also allows birds, the ones that I looked at however weren't so understanding. lol. 'Pets' is a term that depends on the people you take to - decorative center piece is what I'd call a tank, if it got me in an apartment with a tank. 209 is rubbish, my least favourite paper so far in my degree, however, doing 309 next semester so that could change quite soon. (shudder) Be very careful because the Body Corp's (or your) insurance may not cover damage done if the tank breaks. If water is to go to floors below your apartment and cause damage you would be liable for the cost. Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442945 Yeah, so far so good but I'll double check - having said that its gone through a number of major earthquakes in the cbd and hasn't gone over, when whole buildings on either side have, go the juwel tanks lol Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_442963 I'm in second year ecology. 206 is awesome, the field trips fill up really fast, pureora in 4 mins. 209 sucks, it's stats. probably too big, a .6 x .30 x .45 is probably the limit. Oh yeah. Which paper is 206? 1st year is average since heaps of them are core papers but the next couple of years the options really open up. Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_443006 I am a very old student. Last year in environmental science, probably will relocate and take on zoology next year Ill be 33 when I finish haha. Report
June 27, 201115 yr comment_443198 If you owned the apartment, then you would be able to. But as far as I searched, majority of the apartment that are renting wont allow pets. Especially houses for rent. "BUT" maybe they are referring to cats and dogs? Maybe giving the owner a call? Most apartment complexes have a "body corporate" which limit what pets etc you can have. It make no difference if you own the apartment or not. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.