Confused hedgehog!

I don't know how it is in Wellywood but down here if you find young ones born late in the season they can be in trouble as they probably don't have enough condition to hibernate and are running around trying to find food when there is not much about. We found one last year that was covered in mange and not well at all. Took it to the rescue lady but she didn't give it much of a chance.

hedgehogs are awesome! i've lived on the north shore auckland most my life, in the suburbs.. and i've always had hedgehogs living in the bush outside my house... they must be feeding off civilization.. their abundance shows their method of survival is well complimented by the mess that humans tend to make...! i've always fed them when i see them, they fascinate me! you only really catch them at night.. unless they're sick or lost/trapped. they love cat pellets, or a soggy piece of bread. you'd never know they were there unless you catch them out on their shuffles one night.. if you ever hear a rustling in the bushes by your letterbox, then chuck a handful of moggys dinner in there.. mister hedgehog will totally appreciate it!

we found a whole little family last year after we pruned all our fruit trees, they were hiding between all the cuttings that were there for a few days while we waited for the chipper guy. They were so cute, a perfect opportunity to quickly show my two kids. Then we let them scurry off to who knows where :thup: