Hi from Dunedin!

Holly

Hi everyone,

My name is Holly, I'm a Veterinary Nurse based in Sunny Dunedin :)

I've had goldfish for around the last 5 years who were living quite happily in a 30L tank on top of my fridge, well it turns out I must be doing something right, because these are the fish that just won't die! Previous to these guys my fish keeping record wasn't fabulous. Anyway, the time came for them to move onto bigger and better things, which resulted in a nasty case of MTS, much to my husbands disgust.

I now have 3 tanks, 1 x 30L which I have a few guppies in who had their first lot of fry yesterday (proud moment!), 1 x 90L with my 2 mammoth sized goldfish and then my 215L community tank with a real mix of tropicals. I have another tank on the cards and sometime soon am hoping to develop a grand plan of exactly what I want to have set up. I love the idea of setting up lots of breeding tanks, I have previously breed Labradors and figure fish has got to be a whole lot easier than having 8 puppies chasing you around! These things take time, and money unfortunately, but watch this space!

I look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

Holly :wave:

Cheers for the heads up on the profile guys! I'm sure I will work out this whole forum thing in no time :)

Crazy Fish lady indeed Jen, the house I showed you yesterday has a fantastic rumpus type room downstairs, the walls are lined with fantastic solid shelves that are currently used for storage. I bet you know what I'm thinking! A certain someone thinks he will be having himself a wonderful man cave, lets just say he better be willing to share with lots of fishy friends :happy1:

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Holly I am not too far away from you Waihola I have a 450ltr Cichlid tank with a pair of Golden Bristle noses which have just had some baby's my first lot so exciting they are still working their way out of their sacks should be here by the end of the week cheers Joy