The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone watch Terra Nove on Saturday? I really enjoyed it.

Jurassic Park was better. Was hoping Spielberg would shake it up a little but it was terribly Hollywood-sweet. Special effects were average too, would have been disappointed if I'd paid to see it.

I wonder what zombies taste like...?

Did anyone watch Terra Nove on Saturday? I really enjoyed it. What I liked most about it is that it got straight into the action and there were no boring bits :)

Its a great series with a really cool twist at the end of it.

Since it is such a cold, miserable, day (but not as bad as many have apparently endured - just cold and wet but little wind) I decided the best way to warm the place up (I refuse to light a fire in MARCH!!!!) was to do some baking trying out my new mini loaf tins I bought in Christchurch the other day. As we then eat it (and that is bad for our waist lines), I will give it all to my mum (except for one loaf Grant decided needed taste testing) to sell on her church's stall tomorrow. They sell a variety of fruit, veg, preserves and baking to the parishioners each Sunday. Money goes into the "new roof fund".

I now have mini sized loaves and cakes cooling on the bench; gingernut loaves, spiced fruit loaves, chocolate cakes and lemon cakes. The smell is wonderful and has out-done the smell of the silverside that has been slow cooking since mid morning.

The loaf tins are 14cm x 8 x 6 deep and the smaller ones are 9.5cm x 6 x 3cm deep. Cute :love:

If I remember, I will take a pic after I have iced the cakes. 8)

Sounds like you had fun :thup:

I have just done the dishes and my hands are all wrinkled, and I am going to cook tea soon. Mum and dad have gone to Christchurch for the weekend so my sister and I are stuck at home. She has been horse riding in the Wairau valley for pretty much the whole day, and has now gone to tend to her own horse. I seriously don't understand it - she can look after a horse, but she can't care for her bunny properly :facepalm: I haven't really been doing much today, and I would like to continue with my blackwater biotope for my Apistos but I can't seem to get hold of any decent bogwood at all :dunno: In the holidays Mum and I will hopefully be going down to Christchurch and I can get some wood there (I remember reading a thread here were someone daid there were a couple of good spots for it in Chirstchurch) and I am also thinking of swaping my Orange Flash cacatuoides for Super Reds. Although most shops have only males, there has to be females out there somewhere...

:love: yum

the so called weather bomb was mostly strong cold wind and some showers with sunshine in between. I was disgruntled to need a merino top to stay warm in March but it was warm enough for a t shirt when I went for a walk. Apparently this is the crappiest summer in NZ since history began??

Yesterday we noticed the water level had dropped dramatically on our pond. On checking, it turns out the filter spray bar was blocked and water was pouring out the filter casing, draining the pond (since the pump and filter are both beside said pond). A quick clean and a top up and all is now well. :happy1:

Making myself sad browsing the fish section on Trademe and seeing what's available outside the Waikato region. Oh dear.

After a year of downsized fishkeeping due to lack of time it's time to plan another little low maintenance breeding project I think.