java moss

Brianemone

Hmmm, I would tie it to a small flat stone or piece of log then silicone the log to the glass. Otherwise you could try a touch of silicone on the moss itself and squash against the glass. Why do you want it to grow on the glass?

I have seen people make very effective walls along the back of their tank by threading moss through netting held up by wire hooks.

Hi

i have done it before but do not know how to put in the picture into the thread.

can someone shop me how?

heres how:

what you need is a few pieces of perspect that is 2 to 5mm thick. cut it according to the back portion of your tank area. not less than 2mm think because you will need to roll the fishing line over the edge of the perspect with the moss tie down to the surface of the perspect.

put the few pieces (any amount you think is convenient for you to move the moss in and out of the tank.

there is no need to tie from bottoms up unless you have a bear tank than you may need to do that.

to have a moss wall, you will need plenty of moss. if you do not have enough, i suggest you do it portion by portion and let the moss grow.

when there are a lot more cut the fishing line and retie again.

continue this approach until you got the full wall.

does that made sense?

all the best.

I haven't done it myself but have seen tanks where they have put nylon sacking (any plastic sacking would work) down the inside back of the tanks (under the gravel at the bottom and glue or pin at the top), any plant that doesn't mind its roots out of the substrate will grow, Java moss, Java fern, etc. Just attach them to it with some cotton.

If you want to get really flash you could build it out from the back wall by an inch or two then hide your filters/ heaters etc behind it.

By the way Java moss does loosely attach itself after a while, so if you tie it down with cotton, by the time the cotton rots away it will be attached.