Moyas 460L setup

Moya

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've got to say, I do have a bit of a crisis every now and then about whether I should perhaps fill it with Incisus rainbows, and maybe sell my Discus. But I'm really attached to one of my discus, so have to keep school numbers.

You know what this means guys. Another tank, exact same dimensions, other side of the room. 8)

And the rainbows and discus couldn't mix?

Ive tried this before, and it didn't go terribly well. The rainbows are so fast and highly strung that they stressed the discus out. In saying that though, it was in a smaller tank. I'm going to give it a shot though, and see if it works this time.

I'm going to give it a shot though, and see if it works this time.

I'd seriously think twice about it if you've had problems before, in a tank of that size full of plants its going to be a mission to catch anything once its in there. Its not impossible though, just very stressful for all involved (fish and people!)..

Wow this is going to be an amazing tank set-up thread and I think your tank is incredible and I can't wait to see it planted :hail: :bounce:

Well I've got to say, I do have a bit of a crisis every now and then about whether I should perhaps fill it with Incisus rainbows, and maybe sell my Discus. But I'm really attached to one of my discus, so have to keep school numbers.

You know what this means guys. Another tank, exact same dimensions, other side of the room. 8)

Keep the discus they will look awesome in that tank :P

For shoaling fish I think Espei Rasboras will look lost in that tank because it is so big and you will have to buy heaps before they're noticable. I reckon that you should go for the rainbows or get some Hemigrammopetersius caudalis or some Congo Tetras. I have kept the H. caudalis before and they are very active and are really cool so I reackon you should try some in this tank :P

I know all :o

Hahaha. Creepy :o

And oooooh I completely disregarded the Congos. Hmmmmm. I may think about this one. I might just prefer to just have the Discus as the feature fish. The congos might detract from them a little bit. Although, this is the first time ive had something this big, so im not sure, the dynamics of it might look quite different.

I do love the espeis. And theyre cheaper than cardinals! Fantastic schoolers too, which is actually their biggest drawcard for me.

And yeah Im not sure about the Incisus. When I use to be at Mt Eden Animates the Bosemanis in the display discus tank were no trouble whatsoever. But boy did these Incisus make a fuss. Anyone had any experience with temperaments of Bosemanis/Incisus rainbows?

Also, David R, Im totally loving the short stand already. So much better than the heights Ive had previously :D

What about having bleeding heart tetras? they look good and aren't big enough to take away from the discus but are still big enough so that you can still see them in a big tank. About the rainbows I have had both incisis and bosemanis together and they have been fine, awesome fish.

Okey dokey. So I popped a bucket of water in today to see how level the beast is (dont have a proper level = fail) and its 7mm out on one end. Obviously this isn't a true measure, as it will change a bit more once its completely full, but what do you guys think? To shim or not to shim? I'm thinking shim to be on the safe side...