Washing machine needed Plamy

Didn't know if I could put this in trade so put it here.

Was wondering if any body has, or knows were I can get A decent washing machine for around $100 or less?

ours has just blown a fuse which we have been told is because of one of the pumps. Can pick up in the manawatu wellington Hawks bay areas

Yes, but flatmates tend to break washing machines. We are on machine number 5 now :nilly:

Machine number 2 was mine. :o :an!gry :tears: It now houses my microwave :rotf: (as you guys would have seen!).

CR charges $7pw for a 5kg machine, and they are great at replacing a machine if anything goes wrong with it. Perfect for flatters!

We have 2 machines. Water pump went on the first one after 6 years and the current one is going strong still (dryer is up to about 8 years) in that time we have been through a lot of flatmate and they have not managed to break one of them yet. We use them almost every day for a load. We never use the line so everything goes in the dryer.

The thing is to buy new and buy good quality. The cheapest is not normally the best

I am curious to know how they manage to continually break washing machines. What are they doing with them???

My first washing machine lasted about 15 years before rusting out, thanks to Napisan and other chemicals.

My second was still going strong when I gave it to my son when his old one died.

I am still using the third which is about 10 years old now.

I am curious to know how they manage to continually break washing machines. What are they doing with them???

My first washing machine lasted about 15 years before rusting out, thanks to Napisan and other chemicals.

My second was still going strong when I gave it to my son when his old one died.

same here we have had ours for around 8 years now no problems, doing a load at least once a day.

some people are just rough with things particuarly when they dont belong to them , thats the main reason why me and the mrs moved out of the awesome flat we had in belfast

Yeah, until recently only a couple of my flatmates truly respected property that didn't belong to them. There was a crazy girl that I kicked out who was rough with everything and would have hissy fits and slam doors etc. She was very bad with the washing machine and the control panel would inevitably get ruined.

I finally told her to make sure the front door didn't hit her on the way out.

I'd imagine it depends on the amount of people.

My mum had a washer that worked fine when it was only washing the clothes for three people, but as soon as it was used for 6 people it got very old very quickly. It decided to turn our laundry, garage and rumpus room into one big puddle. Was only around 8 years old when it decided to leak

Yeah, until recently only a couple of my flatmates truly respected property that didn't belong to them. There was a crazy girl that I kicked out who was rough with everything and would have hissy fits and slam doors etc. She was very bad with the washing machine and the control panel would inevitably get ruined.

I finally told her to make sure the front door didn't hit her on the way out.

lol exactly what happened

Any items I haven't sold I've listed on Freecycle and I get the daily listings...everything from garden, household (beds, tv's, washing machines, driers, etc), glass, polystyrene, etc, most of it in good working order/condition and it saves it all being dumped at the landfill :digH: :thup: