Rummynoses

piggyvir

• 4 weeks later...

Get a decent school, feed them till you can tell which are females and which are males, you'll be able to tell because the girls will get heavier with eggs. seperate females and feed up for another two weeks, live food preferably. Have a small spare tank that has cycled water and a little bubbler in it. bare bottom with a layer of marbles, top that off with a layer of moss or christmas moss. Add the fish to this tank and leave them in there for upto 3 days, don't feed them too much during this point, you don't want to foul the little tank. Remove fish to recover, i leave a towel over the tanks for another day, keeping it dark, liquifry for the first two days then straight onto BBS. You should get hundreds! very easy to do this once a month once you have a setup. Also the moss produces micro bacteria and such for the fry to feed on

Thanks Livebearer :D . I am currently conditioning my females, although 1 is in confinement after it suffered an injury (possibly while I was trying to catch her) but appears to be healing well.

Can you tell me what the usual amount of egg produced from 1 female in a single spawning? Thanks.