Rummynoses

piggyvir

I would think that anyone who could breed rummys would be doing so in very large numbers and supplying shops. If so, they would not undercut those places by selling cheaper to hobbyists.

Having said that, I believe there is a breeder in ChCh known for breeding many species, rummys are one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

hi danval. i didnt find either light sensitive, though i kept the tank dim (no overhead light) for a couple of months. I fed liquifry (can you still get this stuff? i spawned them years ago but keen to try again soon :) ). but as Bryan mentions in his article they can go straight onto newly hatched brine shrimp on the afternoon of day 5. feed a tiny amount as overfeeding will foul the water and check their bellies to see if they're consuming them

anyone know if Bryan is still around?

Thanks for that Luke. Mine looked to be spawning in the early morning but I can't be sure...... My tank is not yet set up for any spawn. I was thinking of making some type of egg catcher with a fine mesh, with holes big enough for the eggs to fall through but also to keep out the hungry adults....

Most fish spawn a few hours after the sun comes up. Use a small bare bottom tank with a s/s mesh a few mm off the bottom. Soft water treated with peat is good. Cover the tanks with newspaper. Add a drop of acriflavine. You will see the eggs with a small torch.

that is normally true for tetras alanmin4304 but these guys usually breed the second night after introduction to the breeding tank. cardinal tetras are the same

Really?

You should totally come and breed mine! I have like 60+ now. No breeding that I can see.

• 4 weeks later...