Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PowerGlo... Yes or No?

Featured Replies

PowerGlo... Yes or No? I have an aquarium with mostly stargrass, swords, glosso. Looking to put heaps more in the tank. Would it be worth while me putting one or two in? Or should I just run with LifeGlos?

  • Author

Cool well I'm thinking I may setup my hood like this,

2 x Lifeglo

4 x 10k white

2 x Powerglo

What do you think? Winning?

  • Author

My Regulator just arrived today :nilly:

Also, When I first setup the tank I put a layer of aquamix under the gravel, as I knew I would end up with pressurized CO2 one day! I'm currently only running 4 of the T5's I'm hopping I can get a least 6 going.

yes to powerglos.the more you can afford the better

Sure if you want a pink tank :) . I'd say go for half white and half pink (which is what your doing). that way you have a balance that benfits you, your plants and the fish.

My tank is run solely on T5HO powerglos, and it's not pink. Infact I have setup dozens of tanks with powerglos and never once seen the tank go pink.

Different story with the old T8 plantpros.

My tank is run solely on T5HO powerglos
I know you do P44, and it looks pink to me.
My current t8 powerglo is no where near pink
Try putting four on it and you'll see what I mean.

I have experimented with just powerglos on my tanks and all I got was an unnatural pink hue. But hey each to their own I suppose :) . I'm not saying don't use them, I use them with ALL my setups, but always with another white or two.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.