Substrata (Scratches on Glass)

wellmax

Hi, I have been using now for a number of years fruit salad gravel which is the typical stuff used in the average aquarium. My main plant life are Swords in my 300 litre tank. If I was to change to a sand would not this lead to scratches on the tank glass especially when you clean at ground level. Especially if you where to accidentally touch the sand with your cleaning pad. Using larger gravel this does not become a problem. Is there a secret here I've missed. Kind Regards John Mc

Eftpos-type cards work really well as long as tehy are new and the edge is still sharp. I noticed these seem to have an effect over time of selecting for smaller alga that holds onto the glass tighter. But a razor blade deals to that pretty easily.

I prefer the eftpos card as it is a wider edge, less time freezing my arm off!

Agree to all comments! Since I'm using flourite sand in my tank, I can't use any magnetic glass cleaners, as all the iron particles in the sand sticks to it and scratches the glass, thus I use a Subway card lol, plus it doesn't rust. :happy1: