Fluval Edge...

FraserNZ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was advertised in the store and i had been wanting one for a while. but one word of advice the lighting currently on there isn,t the best fir viewing. it is a orangey halogen light set up that doesn't reach all courners of the tank but is a mean center peice

Yeah I called that store and they said there was one there for $150 however the bottom stand was missing. I think I'll go with the new one for $300.

Have you upgraded your lights yet? I spotted this one on uTube which someone had added an extra 5 spotlights, and had made the box on the top a little larger so the light reached most of the tank. It looked awsome!!

I would move really fast if you do want one. They are totally discontinued from what I'm hearing from all the stores I have been calling.

I managed to get a brand new black one, which is been sent up from Hamilton.

$300, BUT hey, its a bit of bling, and will look pimp in my new pad, right guys?? :P

they do look awesome. fluval just put out a new ish one i think with a "floating" garden

I think that's the Fluval Chi... I think the Edge is a little more awesome. The Chis is something you would more likely put on your desk.

What type of fish have you got in yours?

I think that's the Fluval Chi... I think the Edge is a little more awesome. The Chis is something you would more likely put on your desk.

What type of fish have you got in yours?

I actually had a look at the chi yesterday because I was thinking it would be nice to have a little tank on my desk at work. I decided it was totally inappropriate for on a desk. Totally open, likely occasional splashes of water. It's more like a fountain/water feature than something you'd put on your desk.

Yeah I think the larger one out of the two would be ok. It has adjustable lights, which would be pretty cool at night.

I still think the Edge has the edge though :P

I'm going to run with a pair of shellies for mine. I know its probably a tad small for them. However, it does seem to have a large footprint which I guess will help a little.

Waterlogged,

What heater are you using in your edge? I got one of those Marina C25's for mine and it's struggling the raise the temperature. The room temperature is just about the same as what my tanks currently siting at!