Small dog advice?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that might take a while... I don't have any yet, and won't get her until at least friday, depending on how she goes after the op.

She is about one year old (I hate kittens), was living rough and had kittens so my friend took her in and rehomed the kittens when big enough. She may be bit of a work-in-progress but seemed to warm to her current keepers reasonably fast, so I think she will be ok.

Aside from that she is slender, delicately tabby, with big green eyes and is TOTALLY going to be doted on and loved to death come the weekend :happy1: :happy2: :happy1: :nilly: :roll: :sick:

kittens are fluffy balls of cuteness.... WITH SPINES!!! :evil:

Yeah the sharp buts don't go away with age unfortunately. We ended up putting our cat down because she became too aggressive towards my other half, had some serious behavioural issues. Will never own another...

Yeah the sharp buts don't go away with age unfortunately. We ended up putting our cat down because she became too aggressive towards my other half, had some serious behavioural issues. Will never own another...

:o How was the poor thing raised??

Hey Tinytawnykitten, how is Minty going?

I am getting a cat this weekend, hopefully. She is being spayed today and I just can't wait to get her! :bounce:

Hi Stella, Minty is good thanks :) She had a bout of flu and a gunky eye but is coming right now after some antibiotics. She is very clingy and snuggly and follows me everywhere and sleeps on our bed at night.

Post some photos of your little cat won't you. Minty is 6 months old so not exactly kitten. I didn't want a tiny wee kitten that could so easily be hurt by one of my children, but also I wanted a cat I could let outside fairly early on. She hasn't been outside yet, but now she's had her third vaccination and gotten over her flu we will let her out in a fortnight.

Cat flu is not fun to watch :( but is common in new cats. Glad she is coming right now :)

Good idea getting an older kitten. The little ones are so scratchy, and yes, easy for kids to damage.

I took my kitty home yesterday and she has spent most of the time since underneath the bed. Oh apart from a big explore last night, keeping me awake! But she found her food and litter tray, and clearly feels quite safe under the bed, so I am happy. I am sure she will settle in but will take a while. Am just letting her go at her own pace, can't rush these things.

I knew I should have taken a photo as I opened the box - it might be a while before I can post anything! I will as soon as I have one though :)

Aww what a little sweety puss. She looks a little timid still, obviously not used to the paparazzi yet.

Does she have a name yet?

Aww she is quite spotty!

ps. my last post was sarcasm, in case anyone was thinking of calling the SPCA...

David is offering to catsit for you I think Stella :P

She hasn't been under the bed in 12 hours! Much more relaxed, though I still need to be careful not to accidentally give her a fright.

This morning we had a big play session on teh bed, and I have never seen an adult cat chase its tail with such enthusiasm! (This was after falling off my narrow windowsill and landing in the litter box.... I did my best not to laugh or the relationship might have ended then and there)

Still pondering names. I really liked Eliza, but am considering the shortened version of Ely might suit her better. Or Molly, my grandma's name, I think her birthday was around now. Or something ANZAC-y: Poppy, Zac, Polli... but not really liking them.

Don't know, deeply undecided.

Poppy and Polli are cute.

Ely is a town I lived in once but is pronounced Eel-ie, which could be pertinent for you haha

Not sure about naming animals after loved ones, when they die you will think of that person all over again and dredge up who knows what old stuff from the annals of your emotions :tears: