Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Small dog advice?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 100
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Tinytawnykitten, how is Minty going?

I am getting a cat this weekend, hopefully. She is being spayed today and I just can't wait to get her! :bounce:

Well, that might take a while... I don't have any yet, and won't get her until at least friday, depending on how she goes after the op.

She is about one year old (I hate kittens), was living rough and had kittens so my friend took her in and rehomed the kittens when big enough. She may be bit of a work-in-progress but seemed to warm to her current keepers reasonably fast, so I think she will be ok.

Aside from that she is slender, delicately tabby, with big green eyes and is TOTALLY going to be doted on and loved to death come the weekend :happy1: :happy2: :happy1: :nilly: :roll: :sick:

that isn't a kitten, it's a pouting fluff ball with eyes :love:

...... will just sit here waiting for Stella's new kitty photos anyway...

kittens are fluffy balls of cuteness.... WITH SPINES!!! :evil:

Apparently the cat came through her spaying just fine, lets hope I get her tomorrow!

kittens are fluffy balls of cuteness.... WITH SPINES!!! :evil:

Yeah the sharp buts don't go away with age unfortunately. We ended up putting our cat down because she became too aggressive towards my other half, had some serious behavioural issues. Will never own another...

Yeah the sharp buts don't go away with age unfortunately. We ended up putting our cat down because she became too aggressive towards my other half, had some serious behavioural issues. Will never own another...

:o How was the poor thing raised??

  • Author
Hey Tinytawnykitten, how is Minty going?

I am getting a cat this weekend, hopefully. She is being spayed today and I just can't wait to get her! :bounce:

Hi Stella, Minty is good thanks :) She had a bout of flu and a gunky eye but is coming right now after some antibiotics. She is very clingy and snuggly and follows me everywhere and sleeps on our bed at night.

Post some photos of your little cat won't you. Minty is 6 months old so not exactly kitten. I didn't want a tiny wee kitten that could so easily be hurt by one of my children, but also I wanted a cat I could let outside fairly early on. She hasn't been outside yet, but now she's had her third vaccination and gotten over her flu we will let her out in a fortnight.

Cat flu is not fun to watch :( but is common in new cats. Glad she is coming right now :)

Good idea getting an older kitten. The little ones are so scratchy, and yes, easy for kids to damage.

I took my kitty home yesterday and she has spent most of the time since underneath the bed. Oh apart from a big explore last night, keeping me awake! But she found her food and litter tray, and clearly feels quite safe under the bed, so I am happy. I am sure she will settle in but will take a while. Am just letting her go at her own pace, can't rush these things.

I knew I should have taken a photo as I opened the box - it might be a while before I can post anything! I will as soon as I have one though :)

:o How was the poor thing raised??

I would beat her with a pipe if she poo'd inside and when she was naughty we would put her in a half full 44 gallon drum of water and put a lid on and make her tread water for an hour or two.

:roll:

Aww what a little sweety puss. She looks a little timid still, obviously not used to the paparazzi yet.

Does she have a name yet?

Aww she is quite spotty!

ps. my last post was sarcasm, in case anyone was thinking of calling the SPCA...

David is offering to catsit for you I think Stella :P

She hasn't been under the bed in 12 hours! Much more relaxed, though I still need to be careful not to accidentally give her a fright.

This morning we had a big play session on teh bed, and I have never seen an adult cat chase its tail with such enthusiasm! (This was after falling off my narrow windowsill and landing in the litter box.... I did my best not to laugh or the relationship might have ended then and there)

Still pondering names. I really liked Eliza, but am considering the shortened version of Ely might suit her better. Or Molly, my grandma's name, I think her birthday was around now. Or something ANZAC-y: Poppy, Zac, Polli... but not really liking them.

Don't know, deeply undecided.

Give it multiple names - then you can just pic bits to call her as your mood or her antics dictate!

This is from a household whose latest addition is named Lil Malt Cheese Ball :wink:

Poppy and Polli are cute.

Ely is a town I lived in once but is pronounced Eel-ie, which could be pertinent for you haha

Not sure about naming animals after loved ones, when they die you will think of that person all over again and dredge up who knows what old stuff from the annals of your emotions :tears:

I dare you to name it Bob - but you have to pronounce it like Blackadder does!

it would get shortened to Pee, and then PeePee

That would be fine. Current cats nicknames are big s***, little s*** and seetsy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.